• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Epson S80600 White printing - 3 Layers

Signs Etc

Hello all,

I have a Epson Surecolor S80600 10 color (White/Silver) roll to roll printer and need to print 2 layers of white on reflective media. Problem I have is I cannot find any profiles in the Epson database that has the 3L (color->spot->spot) option, all I can find are 2L (Color->spot). Having just one coat of white isn't opaque enough, any one here have a suggestion or a .EMX profile that has 3L printing? We use onyx 19 for RIP, and cannot for the life of me see any way to build a profile that has 3L.

AF1QipOQ8i_tRLw48umm4XqqiCssl2qROT0VEbTQnok0

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 2,897

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
...and I just found it. You need to look for a profile for backlit or frontlit media.
All of the options are in there. See my next post for a screenshot.

Signs Etc

...and I just found it. You need to look for a profile for backlit or frontlit media.
All of the options are in there. See my next post for a screenshot.

Which media profile was that ? I've downloaded dozens of backlit/frontlit profiles and haven't had luck finding a 3L profile

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We make our own profiles, so I just kept going through all of the settings until I found some that had the 3L option.
Unfortunately our machine doesn't have W or M, so I don't have a working profile I can share with you.

mim

0_o
I've been curious about this too, I can't figure out a 3L option on the s80 but it's good to know that it's possible.

If the issue is the ink density then you can go in and change it. I have mine set to a 300% output if I'm printing just white. I'm not near the printer now but I'll try to type up a how-to for that when I can.