• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Epson S80670 or S40600 or something else?

FCD

We currently have a HP800 and have been having some issues with dimensional stability (amongst other things). Was thinking of trying the Epson Eco-solvent machines but the two things that worry me are the outgassing time and the scratch resistance. Are these two things really as much of a problem as some people say? Happy to leave the prints outgassing but do i need to unroll a full roll of media to do this? And with decals, do they need to be laminated to be ok for sale?
As a long time HP user, the Epson eco-solvent is hard to beat. Everything about it is better than our HP’s except for the wait time to lam. For most graphics we wait at least 3-4 hours to lam depending on ink coverage. We’ve laminated in as little as an hour and haven’t had issues. Ink isn’t quite as scratch resistant as the hp ink, but does just fine on banners. We always laminate decals, so I can’t speak on those. We outgas full rolls by loosely unwinding the roll around the core to where there is a little space between the layers, it’s pretty simple to do. For wraps, eco-solvent ink beats latex ink hands down, no comparison. Way easier to stretch and easier to conform to curves.

marsuni

Unitype-GR
We currently have a HP800 and have been having some issues with dimensional stability (amongst other things). Was thinking of trying the Epson Eco-solvent machines but the two things that worry me are the outgassing time and the scratch resistance. Are these two things really as much of a problem as some people say? Happy to leave the prints outgassing but do i need to unroll a full roll of media to do this? And with decals, do they need to be laminated to be ok for sale?
If you laminate your Jobs, there is no fear of scratching. The quality and consistency of Epson S80 is unbeatable and the outgassing is excellent.
We, here in Greece, Print - Laminate and Wrap a whole vehicle the same day, with no problems since 2018 we had the first s80 on Arlon SLX cast.

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
How big is the difference in print quality and the color gamut between the Epson S40600 and the Epson S80670? has anyone ever printed the same design on both the printers and seen a major difference in the color and sharpness?

I am on the fence to buy an Epson SC series eco-solvent printers. But the S80 series is double the cost of an S40 here in my region. My main job would be to print high resolution decals and stickers etc. Colors and print sharpness would be a priority for us.

So should I go with the Epson S80670 or S40600 or something else as my first printer?
The epson s40 printer is one of the best on the market. We’ve retired 3 s30 series and currently have 2 s40’s amongst other types of uv technologies. S40 is the easiest to run and maintain. Pms colors 99% accurate. We have never had any issues in 12+ years with epson. Wish they made a 10’ uv hybrid.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Even if laminated?
Nah, I mean they are supposed to last a while, but we had a 10-color that had BAD fading issues and Epson basically just said "those aren't warranted, sorry". We went with the dual CMYK heads and haven't had any issues since.