• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem EPSON SURECOLOR 80600 LEAK

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
Anyone else experience an ink leaking issue with their SC80600? The ink is leaking from the back side, its been an on going issue - I am not keen on contacting D1 as I have heard awful things about their service. Hoping to find a source to purchase replacement parts from or an outside technician to fix the problem.

greysquirrel

I only know of two companies on the east coast that are Epson service authorized. Epson does not have many if any other service authorized dealers. D1 is the national service provider. D1 is more than capable of getting a printer back into spec. What they do not do well is trouble shoot environment, rip, media color issues. They need to get these units fixed the first time site so don't be surprised if they ship in 20 boxes of parts and only need 1...

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
The ink drain pad is probably oversaturated and clogged.

We replace the ink drain pad every 4-6 weeks. A friend of mine had the same problem, fortunately for him it was under warranty. While d1 was replacing that part they damaged another part (which they admitted) and fixed but caused his printer to be down longer then originally expected.

These printers are under high pressure and leaks are common in a few of the junction boxes. There are rubber O rings on most of these junctions....If you see a leak coming from a junction box, a common area is to the right side of the main board, behind the paper lever....just take a #1 phillips head screwdriver and tighten it a bit, that may work. I've seen these junctions rupture from within also. Keep in mind if you are going to replace any of these parts, you need to depressurize the ink system with the service program or you will have a real mess. Pump caps also can clog up and leak as well. I fixed a P20000 yeatrerday that was leaking from the printhead, it tuned out to be the damper assy above the head, not the print head itself....which was good since that head is nearly $3k....

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
These printers are under high pressure and leaks are common in a few of the junction boxes. There are rubber O rings on most of these junctions....If you see a leak coming from a junction box, a common area is to the right side of the main board, behind the paper lever....just take a #1 phillips head screwdriver and tighten it a bit, that may work. I've seen these junctions rupture from within also. Keep in mind if you are going to replace any of these parts, you need to depressurize the ink system with the service program or you will have a real mess. Pump caps also can clog up and leak as well. I fixed a P20000 yeatrerday that was leaking from the printhead, it tuned out to be the damper assy above the head, not the print head itself....which was good since that head is nearly $3k....
I am sending you a direct email. thank you!