• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SureColor S80600 - FULL COLOR DISAPPEARANCE

philipjames

Hi All,

Lately we've been getting full colors disappearing all at once. I mean, it's not a few jets here and there that gets worse over time. I'm saying the printer was perfect yesterday and today Head #1 lost all it's Light Cyan. All LC jets are completely gone.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. It's happened twice before and we've had to have the entire head replaced (not cheap).

Has this happened to anybody else with this printer or any other R2R solvent inkjet printer?

PLEASE HELP!

-Phil

swordguy3222

Happens to me sometimes, run a clean and good as new. Never happens during a print unless media jam, so if it's during a print it could be damper needing to be replaced. If it's from sitting few a few days, then just needs a clean. I have 3 80600s, and never had a replace parts for this issue unless it doesnt recover after cleaning.

unclebun

You can't really do anything yourself with an Epson printer. Maybe if you could get the parts but in general they aren't available. They (Epson) require you to call their tech support and arrange repair from their contracted service

philipjames

Happens to me sometimes, run a clean and good as new. Never happens during a print unless media jam, so if it's during a print it could be damper needing to be replaced. If it's from sitting few a few days, then just needs a clean. I have 3 80600s, and never had a replace parts for this issue unless it doesnt recover after cleaning.
What is a damper?

CanuckSigns

I've had this happen, it's most likely your capping station, the rubber seals wear out and no longer can create a seal to pull the ink through for cleanings.

Andy Mars

Ive had the same issue as well on one of my heads. Needless to say I couldn't get it to come back. Called for service and opted to pay a flat rate of 3,000$.. Seems like a lot but he replaced the damaged head1 and also replace head2 just because one color was missing a jet.. Buy your Tech a tasty lunch or just be nice. You'd be surprised on how much inside info and perks you can get

swordguy3222

What is a damper?
It's the ink delivery system that sits on top of the print heads. The one with the ink lines going into, it's also called Duct CR just used to calling it damper from older machines.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 3.11.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 3.11.31 PM.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 68