• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

epson Workforce 1100 used as ecosolvent printer??

anozira02

Since I posted last I have built several of these conversion printers and did learned a hole lot, sold 8 of them including 3 on ebay and did not get any negative feedback from anyone. I discovered back early on that the printer itself had to be modified as well in order to accommodate proper installation of the continuous ink feed (ciss) system to prevent friction on the ink tubes. Here is my latest video printing on sign vinyl..you may have to cut and paste it into your browser..

egg

Hey, thanks Anozira for pioneering this! I just put together a CISS from cobra ink on an artisan 1430 (which I think uses the same print head) with eco solvent ink, but I'm running into a bit of trouble and I was hoping maybe you could shed some light on what I might be doing wrong. Before the conversion, I got a perfect nozzle test. Now with the new ink, and after about 6 initiated head cleanings, it is printing at around 60%. Tomorrow I plan on using some of the head cleaner (that came with the ink) to flush the manifold and down through the head. I am hoping that helps, but did you run into any problems similar to this? Just thinking that the solvent ink might be coagulating the previous water based ink? Thanks much for your time!!

Last edited:

anozira02

Update,, The R-1400 epson is holding up great as an eco solvent printer, what I like about them is the price of the print head.

Edwin Mukiria

Hello,
Looks like your conversion has worked out pretty well.
On a maybe unrelated issue, I have an Epson SC P800, and want to start using 3rd party inks on it, any suggestions on how to go about doing this? And would you happen to know where I can get it's service manual?
Thanks in advance.
Edwin.