• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

epson

OldPaint

i dont think so cadmn, it is an INKJET and they will not print on vinyl. alps or roland PC-12 only small printers that will lay onto vinyl.

Cadmn

thanks OP I'm trying to get color decal out put under 5 digits. thats gonna be tough I think, gonna have to learn to laminate I'm sure can print outta my techtronix lazer but it scratches off.thanks for your time

wes70

You could purchase an epson r1800 ($549.00) 13" wide pigment printer and then frog juice or laminate. You have to use coated vinyl. I have some epson laminated prints that have been outside for 2 years with no signs of fade. Hope this helps.

TresL

weston which media are you using?
I have not had very good results the media and adhesive bonding issues.

OldPaint

weston said:
You could purchase an epson r1800 ($549.00) 13" wide pigment printer and then frog juice or laminate. You have to use coated vinyl. I have some epson laminated prints that have been outside for 2 years with no signs of fade. Hope this helps.
NOW YOU TELL US THAT!!! I just bought a new HP K850 $349.00 13x19 printer!!!!!!!!!!
if you wana get a lazer that dont stratch off....look at the HP 2600N was on sale for $299.00 but is only 8/12 x 11 sheets.

wes70

TresL, I use coated 4mil vinyl from Rexam. Roland, Kodak, Epson, Sihl, Avery and many other companies that make or distribute coated vinyl. Beacon graphics carry different brands.

wes70

Make sure your printer has pigment inks. Dye inks will fade fast, even if laminated. Epson desktop printers (Durabrite & Ultrachrome inks) are the only desktop printers that use pigment ink.

Kenny

Cadmn: In a pinch I used an Epson C84 with Durabrite inks on some full-color coro golf tee sponsor logos...here are links to the materials at papilio.com:

Injet Waterproof Adhesive Vinyl

Waterproof UV Laminate

These guys are right up the road from you, North of Azle. I laminated and contour cut (20) by hand. They looked great and handled an early morning thunderstorm without any problems.

You can pick up any of the letter/legal sized Epsons (c84 and up), or a 1280 to do 11x17 pretty cheap.

Cadmn

no prob, I got to be in Arl on mondays wednesdays & fridays on davis & randall mill by noon. we outta meet & I workin on the file for You.

Blazingsun

Any recomendations on roll Vinyl I have the epson r1800 which is capable of printing 13x44 it even has the roll attachment..

TresL

I have a bunch of the www.papilio.com inkjet paper, and have LOTS of issues with it bonding to the substrate.
Had send around 200 of them back due to no adhesive on the back also.

And getting the right color profile for the papilio took some time also.

The laminate they have is a matte finish. I prefer to use a glossy overlam or clear glossy vinyl.

I have a roll of HP I'm getting ready to run some test on.

I also have a i9900 cannon for 13x19 photo prints...
It does a VERY nice job.

Kenny

TresL said:
I have a bunch of the www.papilio.com inkjet paper, and have LOTS of issues with it bonding to the substrate.
Had send around 200 of them back due to no adhesive on the back also.

And getting the right color profile for the papilio took some time also.

The laminate they have is a matte finish. I prefer to use a glossy overlam or clear glossy vinyl.

I have a roll of HP I'm getting ready to run some test on.

I also have a i9900 cannon for 13x19 photo prints...
It does a VERY nice job.

Thanks for the update on papilio, haven't used them in awhile. I solved my color printing needs with a Versacamm.:biggrin:

Kenny

Cadmn said:
no prob, I got to be in Arl on mondays wednesdays & fridays on davis & randall mill by noon. we outta meet & I workin on the file for You.

Cool, I'm in Alvarado during the day, but planning on a Harbor Freight trip soon...I'll let you know and swing by on my way...

Cadmn

ok I'll prolly be here if u can let me know a day ahead I'll surely be here if its not m,w,f