• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPS's wont open originally in CS4?

TheProfessor

Does anyone know how to change the program destination of a file extension on the PC?

I got my AI files to open in Illustrator CS4 by right clicking on one of them and choosing "open with", selecting Illustrator CS4 and checking the box that says "always use this program for these files"... but when I tried to do the same thing on EPS files, Illustrator CS4 was not an option, only photoshop CS4 and Illustrator CS3...

I browsed for the correct CS4 exe file, but it told me it wasnt valid... There is some place in windows XP that allows you to designate the correct program for every file extension, does anyone know where that is? or has another potential solution to my problem?

Idea Design

Open Windows Explorer. Then Tools > Folder Options > File Types tab.

Browse to the file extension you want to associate a program with and change it there.

TheProfessor

thanks! yeah just tried that and its telling me my cs4 isn't a valid win32 application. I'm just going to do a fresh install of cs4 and see if that fixes it...