• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ERATIC BLADE HOLDER, BOUNCING GRAPHTEC FC8600-130

signdogwest

I'm having some cutter issues with an erratic mind of its own going on with the blade holder and solenoid.
Unit is a Graphtec FC 8600-130, about 3 ish years old.
Out of nowhere, I touched the blade holder to check the blade length while still on the machine, and it began bouncing up and down and now when it cuts, it's not cutting normal.
I checked the cables, nothing seems out of whack. I haven't been able to find any other info online and graphtec won't service this model.

I'm happy to buy a new part, but can't even find a link or resources for parts.

I've attached pics and here's a link to show how it's working

Attachments

• IMG_5169 copy.jpg
    IMG_5169 copy.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 510
  • IMG_5168 copy.jpg
    IMG_5168 copy.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5167 copy.jpg
    IMG_5167 copy.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5166 copy.jpg
    IMG_5166 copy.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 123

adub

Did you try unplugging usb/ Ethernet then doing a factory reset? Turn on holding up button. Usually fixes our weird issues.

brdesign

I know someone with a Graphtec that had the same issue a few months ago, I think they said it was the circuit board that controls the servo. It took them over a month to get a replacement board for it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is a part on the carriage that looks like a thin piece of metal with lines cut through it. It's an encoder for the actuator. If it has dust or something else on it that prevents the optical sensor from reading the lines properly, you can get erratic movement like this.