• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 08 linear encoder :sensor (cjv30-160bs)

shifil_mimak

Hii dear all,,,iam facing ""error 08 linear encoder:sensor"" on my cjv30-160bs on booting,,,,
replaced the encoder sensor and then encoder strip is cleaned gud,,,still the error remains,,,,,as it happens on booting nothing can be done,,,,even in service mode booting also same happening,,,,
also f/w upgraded from 2.80 to 2.90 latest.
Error still remains on booting,,,
any guess,,,plse help and suggest,,,

Ponto

I've encountered this numerous times and seems to stem from the fact that belt abrasion on the gears leads to a fine powdery residue that collects over time and pollutes the interior of the machine.......rendering the optical sensor befuddled!!!!!LOL......see my "MIMACKI WOES" thread in the Mimaki folder. Open up your machine by removing panels that cover the area in behind the keypad and you'll likely find a mess! .... let us know how that goes............JP

shifil_mimak

Error 08 linear encoder :sensor (cjv30-160bs)

okay,,so u think tht this error may b bcoz of the dust inside near to pulley & the belt attached to the y-motor,,,,,well then its time to clear it off,,i hop it may clear the error,,,thnx,,wil keep u informed once done,,thnx a lot :)

dispen

Just a small reminder;
Maybe you need to check the cable between the sensor and slider board. Just a connectivity test between two edges of sam cable and short-circuit test between parallel cables.

Maybe you need to focus on the cable.

Regards...

shifil_mimak

Just a small reminder;
Maybe you need to check the cable between the sensor and slider board. Just a connectivity test between two edges of sam cable and short-circuit test between parallel cables.

Maybe you need to focus on the cable.

Regards...

Connectivity test gives "beeeep" from the multimeter,, means okay,,
And the resistance between ground & the TPs are inbetween 17-18M ohms,,, tht too looks of from the main board...
,any other possibility plse... :( :(

Ponto

Connectivity test gives "beeeep" from the multimeter,, means okay,,
And the resistance between ground & the TPs are inbetween 17-18M ohms,,, tht too looks of from the main board...
,any other possibility plse... :( :(
.... the sensor itself may be contaminated.......JP

shifil_mimak

the sensor is replaced with a new one,,so not a single chance to get contaminated,,,,and the latest update is that the input voltage to the encoder sensor is 5vdc and it is there in the slider pcb terminal where the conector of encoder sensor wil b fixed,,and the sensor cable continuity is beep okay,,,totally confused,, still it gives ERROR 08 LINEAR ENCODER:SENSOR !!!!!!!!!

Ponto

okay,,so u think tht this error may b bcoz of the dust inside near to pulley & the belt attached to the y-motor,,,,,well then its time to clear it off,,i hop it may clear the error,,,thnx,,wil keep u informed once done,,thnx a lot :)

Did you have a build up of the fine black powdery residue as shown in the images in my related thread?........we had the step motor, sensor, and encoder strip replaced a year ago........JP

shifil_mimak

Did you have a build up of the fine black powdery residue as shown in the images in my related thread?........we had the step motor, sensor, and encoder strip replaced a year ago........JP

Yess,,even I found lot of black powder accumulated wen i opened the right side panel beneath the keypad assembly. i brushed it out with a vacuum unit,,now its clear,,,
and dear ponto u said u replaced the y motor, sensor and strip for this case,,am i right,,
thn i must think about it,,,will keep u posted,,thnx

shifil_mimak

guyzzz i found it,,it was bcoz of that the Y-axis pulley, the shaft,,the plate was lil slightly misplaced by few millimetrs,,and was very difficult to trace it out,,,
i just released all the tension from the y axis and put out all the bearing & connectors & shafts & belt out,,and fix it one by one back & properly placed firmly...now it running fine,,,thnx a lot for all ur suggessions & advices.... :)