• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 11 Parameter Error

BLSB1

Good afternoon all,

I have a CJV30-160 and literally half the time that I go to print I keep getting Error 11 Parameter error. When I receive this error the machine still prints graphic. However, it distorts the image so that it prints out elongated. I currently use Sign Lab to create most of my graphics and I have even tried importing the image over to photoshop and then saving it as an .eps in order to see if that would help.

I had the Mimaki tech come out and take a look and he was able to open the design through Rasterlink 5 (which is what I have) after he exported to an eps. This worked. I was then able to do the same so I thought that it was fixed.

Even though the issue was temporarily resolved, I still continue to have this issue. I spoke to the Mimaki tech today and he is convinced that it might be an issue with sign lab and that getting illustrator will more than likely remedy the issue.

I have not spoke to sign lab yet but I wanted to see if anyone has encountered this issue before before I give them a call. Any input that I can get would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:

BLSB1

Wow

OK, just in case anyone is wondering this issue has been resolved. The problem was that the printer was not set up in "Printer managment" for 8 color (like it should have been) and also, as it turns out I was not using the proper profiles to match up with my set up.

Even as embarrasing it is to admit, at least I learned quite a few lessons from the whole experience.

Neil

Hi,
I get that error on my CJV30 whenever I cut or contour cut from Signlab 8.
I just ignore it as it doesn't affect the cuts in any way. Figure it's Signlab sending a parameter or command that the cutter doesn't recognize properly.

The cutter beeps, flashes the error up, then just goes and cuts regardless.
Never had it while printing.

I much prefer printing and cutting straight through Signlab than Illustrator or CorelDraw + Rasterlink.
What inks are you using? What version Signlab? (just curious...)

BLSB1

I am currently using Sign Lab 9 vinyl pro. I am using Mimaki ES3 inks and I am set up for 6 color (2C, 2 M, LC, LM, Y and K. ) and now... (knock on wood) since I set it up for 8 color in printer managment I have not gotten the error during printing since.

I never got the error 11 during cutting. It always came up right at the beginning of printing and would cause the print to come out proportioned incorrecty. I wish I could help you out further but it sounds like your situation is a little different than mine. My guess is, If it still cuts correctly I wouldnt worry about it unless the beeping gets to be to much to handle.

It just so happens that yesterday I opted to purchase the Adobe CS6 master collection. I have never used it before so right now I am in the process of trying to figure out what plug in that I will need in order to get Fine cut 8 to communicate with illustrator. I am sure I will eventualy figure it out but if you have any suggestions from experience I am open to suggestions.

Sign Lab is easy to cut from as far as what my version can do but because I have the VP version and not the full print version I am not able to half and contour cut at the same time. Of course I won't have anything to compare it to until I am able to get fine cut going.

I will keep you posted.

BLSB1

...great

Well, I just left the Mimaki website.... looks like they have to release a new version of fine cut for CS6 and it wont be released until December.

With your version of Sign Lab 8 are you able to die cut/half cut and contour cut the same graphic?

Neil

Yes, in Signlab you can easily create or assign a contour cut line and/or a half cut line.

To be honest, I don't use the half cut option. Probably should more often...
It's easy to set up and it works okay.