• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 12 in Omega 2.5.0

jason43d

I have 2 client machines running Omega 2.5.0 & keep getting the following message:"error 12 writing file, file not written. try save as with new file name"
This message sometimes appears when doing nothing at all, most often when we try to send to plot. Can get around it most of the time by finding something that WILL go to plot & then sending whatever was getting the message & it will go. Has anyone ever encountered this & if so, what is the remedy.
thank%20you.gif
Jason43D

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like it might be related to the Auto Save feature. Try turning that off in Options to see if it stops it from happening.

jason43d

jason43d said:
I have 2 client machines running Omega 2.5.0 & keep getting the following message:"error 12 writing file, file not written. try save as with new file name"
This message sometimes appears when doing nothing at all, most often when we try to send to plot. Can get around it most of the time by finding something that WILL go to plot & then sending whatever was getting the message & it will go. Has anyone ever encountered this & if so, what is the remedy.
thank%20you.gif
Jason43D

I guess you were talking about the auto-backup feature. I turned that off & it is still doing it

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This site is monitored by some Gerber people and you'll eventually get an answer. If you'd like to get it more quickly, you might want to register at the 4EdgeTalk.com forum and post the same question there. Gerber tech support monitors that forum much more regularly.