• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 16 MRL Command JV33-130 nightmare!

chris6343782

I've seen forum posts in the past on the Error 16 issue but haven't seen any resolutions. Has anyone heard of any good fixes for this issue, or a through understanding of the actual error code?

Been struggling with sporadic intermittent error 16 issues for a little while now. I'll get like 98% through a print, and the machine stops, beeps, gives the code, and then my expletives come out.

I'm running the "Special Firmware" version 3.20,
Rasterlink Pro5 SG v 4.30
and the latest printer driver.
Windows 7 64bit, with plenty of memory.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no change.

I tried changing to new and shorter USB cables.
Checked the circuit boards for dust.
Added a grounding wire to help alleviate static issues.

still getting the error.
The manual is less than helpful in explaining with this MRL command issue is and how to fix it.

I know I have an old firmware here, and I am about ready to update that but have heard some horror stories about fried print heads after a firmware update is done and I'm a bit freaked out by that. Have you heard if this error code gets resolved with any of the firmware updates?

Bretbyron

I have the same machine running Rasterlink 5 and I have only had this happen one time. I was pretty sure my computer went to sleep while printing. I turned all of the energy saving and sleep setting and haven't had it happen since.

I had to use the main power switch to turn it off and reset it because I couldn't figure out how to reset it otherwise. Little did I know that when you do that you have to go back in to the printer and reset all of my settings ie. cleaning schedules, alignment.:banghead:

Neil

From the Manual:

ERROR 16 
MRL COMMAND

Received data does not follow the command system
set in the printer.

Send the data related to the class of commands,
using an application corresponding to this printer.
1. Make sure that the transmission data is in
MRL-III command system (data ripped for JV33)

Just an out there suggestion, but check that nothing electrical nearby is switching on/off, which may lead to usb disconnects.
This happens on my computer sometimes when I turn on a light. No kidding. If the speakers are on you can hear the windows usb disconnect sound as you flip it on. Half a minute later the printer stops when the buffer runs out. Took me ages to figure it out!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have the same machine running Rasterlink 5 and I have only had this happen one time. I was pretty sure my computer went to sleep while printing. I turned all of the energy saving and sleep setting and haven't had it happen since.

I had to use the main power switch to turn it off and reset it because I couldn't figure out how to reset it otherwise. Little did I know that when you do that you have to go back in to the printer and reset all of my settings ie. cleaning schedules, alignment.:banghead:

The fact that you lost your settings after switching off the main power indicates that your main board battery is dead. Even if you shut the machine off with the main power switch, it should not erase your settings.