• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error After PIP Replacement on HP Latex 360

MDCC

I received an error on my Latex 360 - 25.7:10 black slot ink sensor. I replaced the PIP sensor and replaced the black ink cartridge. I went to do the line purge, but when I select the black cartridge to refill the lines from the broken bag recovery menu, I get a message "supply6 not valid for purge". I can't find any information for the supply6 error code. I tried different ink cartridges too. Anyone have any ideas on what is happening? Thank you in advance for any help I can get.

Joseph
MDCC

balstestrat

Problem Solver
6 is either yellow or black I think. I don't remember if it starts from 0 or 1. Make sure you have full cartridges inserted or it will not allow you to do it. Even if you only do one color it needs every cartridge to be full enough.

MDCC

6 is either yellow or black I think. I don't remember if it starts from 0 or 1. Make sure you have full cartridges inserted or it will not allow you to do it. Even if you only do one color it needs every cartridge to be full enough.
Thank you for the info. Some of the cartridges were somewhat low, but I went ahead and replaced them - none are less than 500ml. However, I still the get error message. 6 is the yellow. Any other ideas?

MDCC

Update - apparently there are few typo errors in the diagnostic software. Slot 6 shows up as yellow and black on one screen (using slots 1-6), and then black is slot 6 on another (using slots 0-6). I believe the original problem was the ink level sensor calibration, or lack of one, that was giving me the error. I went through the process of calibrating the PIP, but it is saying that the code I'm entering for the hardware is incorrect. Documentation says 10 chars, numbers only. There are only 10 characters total on the label, including one letter. I've tried entering it in different combinations but it still kicks me out. Am I missing something else?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Take a picture of the label. The correct value is next to the offset and gain.
It doesn't matter in what order you do it, purge first and calibrate after or the other way around. You just have to look closely what you are doing and what the display is saying.

MDCC

20220419_152336.jpg

MDCC

Looks like I don't have it - not on the antistatic bag, or it fell off somewhere since I opened it. I guess the part is useless to me now, or is there another way?

MDCC

Oh man do I need a vacation - thought the label was on the outside of the package. I thought that was odd. I pulled the sensor and found the correct label. Entered the values and calibration says good.

I tried to fill the lines again, but I still get the same message about "supply6 not valid for purge". As I mentioned before, all the ink cartridges are nearly full. Any other thoughts? Thanks again for your help!

ToTo

Professional Support
There is no need to purge ink line, since there should be only a very small bubble of air in.
TO prevent from this small bubble i insert the cartridge slightly and remove it when ink drips out ot the not-connected ink connector.

ToTo

Professional Support
Purge is not not possible if supply is somewhere between 60-80%, no clue why.
Use a new cartridge if you still want to purge tubes. And install old cartridge after purge is done.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you didn't boot it up completely the normal way, it won't accept the ink cartridge that you replaced.
So start it up as usual, go to inks and hit replace. The printer must accept every cartridge and it needs to be at least half full.
Then you can try the purge again but if it still complains of some supply just replace it with a brand new one in the normal menu.

I agree it's waste of time to purge unless you let the tube flow empty. But if you didn't, the small amount of air will just go into the one-way valve and get stuck there even if you did the purge.

MDCC

Went ahead and printed without the purge - all is working well, but haven't run much black yet. Thank you both for the help - super appreciated!!!

Ezek0

There is no need to purge ink line, since there should be only a very small bubble of air in.
TO prevent from this small bubble i insert the cartridge slightly and remove it when ink drips out ot the not-connected ink connector.
It would be helpful to hear more about this trick, can you explain better?