• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error message from...

JEngel

I keep getting an error message that says "Fatal Error Left Drum (x-axis) Protection" whenever I start up my DC4. Everything is loaded correctly so I don't know what the deal is. I've been able to get around it in the past by restarting it but not this time. Of course it is Saturday so Tech support is closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I getting a TON of "scratches" in my print anywhere there are large areas of black. Tech support said to try turning the density down. I turned the overall density down by 300 but it didn't seem to work. He also said I could adjust the density of each color holding down the shift key when I start up CC but nothing happened when I tried it. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Jaron

JEngel

Thanks for the reference. I don't regret getting it but it seems to be extremely sensitive. I'm sure once I get used to it everyhting will be fine.

I think I solved the issue so anyone reading this post that has the same issue here's what I did:
Fatal Error Messages - Plug the machine into a dedicated outlet. It needs a constant unchanging flow of power. It seems to have solved the fatal errors.
"Scratches" - They aren't actually scratches but that is what it looks like. I turned the density down to 11200 overall. I then turned down just the black another 200. This is done by holding down the shift key when you start up Printer Control. There is an additional icon that pops up on the menu, click on it and it gives you the option to adjust each ribbon denisty individually. :thumb: