• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error Messages on CX-300 ? ? ?

Replicator

I posted this at FlexiEzine and now I'm posting it here as well.

I am getting error messages on my roland cx-300 :

er1: Command Not Recognized

er2: Wrong Number Of Parameters

I have just recently started getting these messages
and have been running the same setup for ever nothing
different.

FlexiSIGN pro 7.6v2 with Dongle [legal]
Windows XP Pro
Camm-1 Pro CX-300 Roland Cutter on Parallel cable

Any thoughts about these error messages.

Thanks in advance :help:

BobbyFosson

I think I recall one of the two following might help...

1 - in the device driver settings, make sure you have check port state checked.

2 - Check the bios of your computer and see if the LPT port is set to 'Standard', 'Bidirectional', AT', 'ECP', EEp' or whatever... Try Standard or AT and see if the error persists.

This is simply a communication issue.

Sorry I have not responded on the FlexiEzine.com site... Fred's short list of changes/fixes is keeping me pretty busy :)

High Octane

Mine does that if I shut the plotter down mid cut...say like I sent something to the machine that I didn't want to and I jump up and shut it off....when I poer it back on I somethimes get that message.

Replicator

Thanks for the post High Octane . . . Unfortunately thats not the issue here,

I've tried everything from setting the CX-300 back to all the factory presets

right up to going through the bios and calling Roland tech support.

Oddly enough the plotter is cutting just fine . . . no issues what-so-ever, it's

really just a case of this is buggin' the crap outta me that it keeps displaying

these error messages whenever I hit SEND ! ! !

Oh' well, at least it works at all . . . I should be thankful !

Replicator

Was going through some email tech support with Roland on friday.

Absolutely useless. You would think they would know what their own error messages mean.

Well I gotta tell you . . . I got no where at all with roland tech support - JMO !

BobbyFosson

Try this if you have time... Enter the Roland Menu system and scroll to COMMAND MENU>COMMAND MODE>

Make sure it is set to AUTO. If it is set to MODE1, change to MODE2 and send again... AUTO should handle it though.

Replicator

Bobby,

I can try that, but you did read that it was actually working just fine only disolaying these error messages anyways . . .

Thanks !