• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

error on x axis

svenner

Hi all...
has anyone ever received the error message on their summa "Error on X Axis"?
my plots are only being half completed and its truly annoying....

any help is always appreciated...

svenner

grafxxx

oooh yeah.. this happens whens the media get caught up, or it pulls vinyl to tight when feeding forward or bucnhes up or it some times just does it for no reason LOL. try doing this.
1. find out how big your desgin is (say 83") then foward the vinyl a lil bit past that measurement say like 90" then hit "V" to feed it back then try cutting.
2. check your rollers in the back and make sure they are lined up in the grooves
3. roll out some vinyl in the back so it not pulling
4. try a slower speed
5.and make sure your rollers in the back are set up for how much vinyl you have on there like if its a full 150 yards roll i put the bar all the way to the last groove, and on the second groove in for a 10 yard roll
and a
and if it's still giving you a problem call the summa tech support

hope that wasn't to confusing and hope it help a lil

svenner

yup, slower speed and moving the rollers on the grooves helped. I spent all day talking with tech support but to no avail :(
your help is greatly appreciated, cheers!

svenner

Todd Gill

Let me guess.....you have a Summa D60 right? This happened to me constantly when I bought a D60.....had them take it back in exchange for another....same issue....they finally upgraded me to a D750 pro for a good deal...

I haven't had any problems since....2 servos on the Summa D750 Pro instead of the one weakling motor on the D60.

Their tech support is pretty good, I'm surprised they couldn't help you on a known issue. On another site a Summa merchant who has a lot of integrity stated they had problems with the D60 when it first came out. Supposedly they had fixed these though? When did you buy yours?

svenner

We purchased this plotter about a month ago but did not get a knife for sandblast resist until yesterday...what a day..lol.
You are correct, it is a D60...tech support tried and tried. Right now at a speed of 60mm/s it gets it done. Whats the price diff between the D60 and the D750 out of curiosity?

grafxxx

so you got a 60 degree blade yeah if your cutting sandblast matertial alway rum it slow that stuff is almost like clay and will bunch up on you. are you using the summa cutter control that is great to set up your user configs for using different matertails.

svenner

yeah, slow and steady as she goes.
I'm using the summa cutter control but I would prefer to cut directly from Gerber Omega but the calibration has offset from that app. ah well...

Todd Gill

I hate to say it...but there is a significant price difference....

My suggestion to you is to ask for the Head Customer Service rep....and demand a complete refund and then buy a comparable Graphtec....

My buddy just bought a Graphtec FC7000 I think is the model, and it is a damned nice machine.....and has a better user interface/controls than the Summa.

You should not have to slow it down to a crawl for it to function correctly.....

dswanson

hey i had that problem today as well because i got in a hurry and didnt go through the steps i should have. 90% of these issues are operator error (including me) and i have NEVER seen a machine that you didn't have to slow down for sandblast mask unless you want a horrible cut

markyeoman

X axis error

If you are still having this problem call tech support and they can explain how to control the motor from erroring out.

800 323 9766

There is a way to adjust the motor tolerance so that you do not have this problem. Depending on what you are cutting it may not be the right type of cutter for you? A S Class or Tangential cutter may fits your needs better.

Are you cutting sandblast? If so how often?

Mark Yeoman

:thankyou: