• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Errors on UCJV300-160 : 61b Supply Ink and 61d

2fatdotco

I've recently acquired a used Mimaki UCJV300-160 and it has started acting up. I made the mistake of leaving town for a few months without a maintenance plan in place for it. Since I've been back, it has developed a handful of errors that I'm hoping you clever folks can help me resolve. The machine is set up for dual CMYK with bottle ink supply. The inks that came with the machine with are not only third party but they're also ~6 months expired.

Currently I am getting the following errors:

- 61b "supply ink" for lines 1,2,3,4,6
- 61d ( The negative pressure cannot be kept properly [ On the positive side ] )

Initially, I was getting the 61b "supply ink" error only on line 1 (cyan) but after a few weeks, lines 4 and 6 ( both black ) also started showing up in the error message.

I've taken the following diagnostic steps:

1. I disconnected each line just beneath the TS valve, and manually activated the solenoids to verify that ink is flowing from the bottle, through the solenoids. When I first did this, all lines except 4 and 6 (both black) had steady ink flow from them. I concluded there was a clog somewhere between the bottle and the TS valve for lines 4 and 6. I removed the tank assemblies for these lines and found ~4 inch clogs in the tubing between the tank TS valves for both lines. I replaced the tubing and reassembled. Currently, all TS valves drop ink when manually activated.

2. I disconnected line 1 below the TS valve and at the carriage subtank. I attempted to pull ink through the line using a 100ml syringe. I couldn't get a drop. The fluid would not budge. After doing this, it came to my attention that I'm not sure what other components exist between the subtank connection and the TS valve. I fear I might have damaged something with this step. It was only after this step that I started to see the 61d "negative pressure" error.

After getting rid of the clogs in lines 4 and 6, the supply ink errors did not go away. Well they did for a few hours. Then they came back along with lines 2 and 3 also. Over the course of a day, the lines for which the "supply ink" error is indicated can vary drastically. They come and go like the wind. It's never consistent.

What diagnostic steps would yall advise I take next? Any help would be greatly appreciated!