• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ES3 Ink & Wasatch

mojeboje

just got my first Mimaki JVC30-160 ...great machine ...I set it up with ES3 ink -double CMYK ..Raster Link 5 that came with printer has some great profiles , but I would like to use Wasatch since I'm familiar with it .Unfortunately all Wasatch configurations are for SS1 or SS2 ink ...not even one for ES3 ...same thing is with media makers ,they all have profiles for solvent ink ...no one supporting eco solvent ....My intention was to be more eco friendly ..now I feel like big mistake is made..
Fellow Mimaki users please help and send me some profiles or configurations for ES3 ink that can be used in Wasatch ...at least one would be good start ..You are my only hope ..I don't have any tool to make custom profile ( except ColorMunki that is not compatible with Wasatch) and never done it before ...
It got to be someone in this huge brotherhood who run ES3 and Wasatch ........please help :thankyou:

Rooster

Write to wasatch and tell them to get off their butts and add the colormunki to their supported devices list.

Somebody else's custom profiles are useless to you without the machine being linearized.

chop10

Switch

Used es3 inks for over 6 months, nothing but problems with profiles. Nobody supports these profiles. Also, would print on banner material, we would literally have to hang them up to dry for 24 hrs. Switched inks, no problem. I believe both inks have the same properties, but es3 ink has less solvent to assist in the drying process. Thus, Eco fiendly.

petesign

Same problem here, do all of my printing from rasterlink. Have talked to oracal, 3m, and all of the manufacturers and none of them have plans to develop es3 profiles.

On the banner material dry time, I am right with you there. Especially when printing those ever popular black background banners - they take forever to cure, and seem to be scratched way too easily.

I would glady switch to the SS21 solvent, if someone wants to buy my old es3 ink cartridges for the $800 it would cost me to swap. ES3 offered so many promises - the lack of needing to vent your printing area is nice, but I'm wondering how well it's going to hold up over time vs the more aggressive solvents. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gone ss21 and not looked back... and wish I had found this forum sooner.