• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ES3 to SS21

I have A Mimaki CJV150-75 that I would like to change from ES3 to SS21. I have another printer running ss21 and it runs great, the Es3 not so much, seems to clog a lot more.
Does anyone know where I could find the complete procedure for switching over ??? I know it involves flushing out the machine, I just don't know how...
Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no official procedure because technically you're not supposed to switch. Normally you just need to flush the machine and then change system parameter number 32 to whatever ink set you want to use but unfortunately it's more complicated than that on the CJV150. Most CJV150s don't support ES3 inks. Yours is one of a set of printers that does and has a special cartridge holder. So you would need to change out the cartridge holders in order to use the SS21 inks. There is a procedure for that but unfortunately it is confidential and I am not allowed to give it out. You might want to hire a Mimaki tech to do it or contact Mimaki and see if they'll give you the manual.

There is no official procedure because technically you're not supposed to switch. Normally you just need to flush the machine and then change system parameter number 32 to whatever ink set you want to use but unfortunately it's more complicated than that on the CJV150. Most CJV150s don't support ES3 inks. Yours is one of a set of printers that does and has a special cartridge holder. So you would need to change out the cartridge holders in order to use the SS21 inks. There is a procedure for that but unfortunately it is confidential and I am not allowed to give it out. You might want to hire a Mimaki tech to do it or contact Mimaki and see if they'll give you the manual.
Thank you for your answer. I was hoping it was something I could do myself because I live quite a distance from any techs...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for your answer. I was hoping it was something I could do myself because I live quite a distance from any techs...
You could probably do it yourself. I'd contact Mimaki and let them know you're far away from any tech. They might just give you the manual.