• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EstiMate Crash

cptcorn

adad
I have 5 computers running EstiMate.

One of my users decided to change the logo on the forms. After this nobody can print anything from any machine in EstiMate. Program Crashes

Going to Configure Estimate... it says, "Error: It appears that the user data is currently being edited by another user?"
Any other program ie Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, etc can print fine.
Backing up data and then clicking restore backup, crashes...

This all happens the same, regardless of which computer I'm on.

EstiMate reps need cash for escalated support (understandable) however, I don't have the authority to make that call yet. I've tried deleting and replacing various files in the data folder on the network... no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

S

SignTech

I have 5 computers running EstiMate.

One of my users decided to change the logo on the forms. After this nobody can print anything from any machine in EstiMate. Program Crashes

Going to Configure Estimate... it says, "Error: It appears that the user data is currently being edited by another user?"
Any other program ie Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, etc can print fine.
Backing up data and then clicking restore backup, crashes...

This all happens the same, regardless of which computer I'm on.

EstiMate reps need cash for escalated support (understandable) however, I don't have the authority to make that call yet. I've tried deleting and replacing various files in the data folder on the network... no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

"EstiMate reps need cash for escalated support"

There's a surprise! Junk software.

Blazingsun

Have you tried shutting down all the PC's to make sure all network connections are cleared? some times a network server may not release a file like it should. I would even restart the PC 0r server you have the database running on.

than run a database repair which is under the Management option.

cptcorn

adad
Have you tried to "the repair/maintain data function"? It is under the Management icon
Yes
Have you tried shutting down all the PC's to make sure all network connections are cleared? some times a network server may not release a file like it should. I would even restart the PC 0r server you have the database running on.

than run a database repair which is under the Management option.
Yes

I just ended up deleting all the files and replacing all the files with a backup (copied files) from the previous night.

Ron Helliar

Try article 321 in the knowledge base on their site (free). If a no go, I have nothing but good things to say about them getting you up and running from their tech line.
Price aside, that's a different issue for a different problem.