• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EstiMate: Wide Format Injet vs. Vinyl & Painted Signs

Mastermatt87

WHOA! Can someone explain the difference to me about the cost of a Wide Format Inkjet Sign and a Vinyl Sign? I have been trying out EstiMate and I think I may have screwed myself on a quote. I originally sent the quote for a 4'x8' double sided sign using the Vinyl and Painted Sign category, which asks for substrate, vinyl, etc. Comes out to $486.00. Then the client asked me to add 8 2'x4' single sided signs using the same material. So I went in to add to the quote and see the Wide Format Inkjet option and choose that, since this will all be printed on our 54" Roland Truvis. Out of curiosity I decided to compare the price of the 4'x8' sign between the two options and the prices are very different!
I attached the quote with the comparison. So is the Vinyl and Painted Sign option only for signs we will make with cut vinyl? I have been selling myself short for a few weeks now because I haven't been using the Wide Format Inkjet template. I just made 2 24"x36" signs with printed vinyl for $221.00. I thought that sounded cheap, but dang!!

Attachments

• SAMPLE.pdf
    205.7 KB · Views: 203

bannertime

Double check your settings for each option. I imagine somewhere you fudged on the time it takes to install something, OR you didn't set the market cost right. Always check the "Price per SF" right below the total. You should have an idea of what the sq/ft price should be, so just double check to make sure it is close.

Edit: Yes, the vinyl and painted signs option is only for cut vinyl and painted signs. It does not factor in ink cost, print time, etc. Wide Format option is for figuring pricing out on printing, laminating, and mounting.

Last edited:

tbullo

Superunknown
Yes, check your settings. Your line one seems about right for cut vinyl without knowing coverage and type vinyl being used. Print price not so much.