• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

etched glass

Terry Nicholson

Hi
has anyone ever done any printing on the etched glass vinyl?
I am attaching a pic of a job I have to do and wondered how printing looks or how you might go about doing this job.
Thanks
Terry

Attachments

• frosted_flat.jpg
    frosted_flat.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 215

Baz

Screen printed would work .. I also wonder what effect would a second layer of frosted film over top would look like.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've never tried it with my Edge. Not sure how well something like EtchMark will hold an image but it probably will.

My concern would be how your print will blend in with the EtchMark. Are you thinking of a black halftone or a silver one?

Terry Nicholson

Hi Guys

Hi Baz
I never had much to do with screen printing , I could check it out though.
Hi Fred
I was thinking of black halftone. I remember when I first bought an edge back it seems 12 or so years ago that my dealer NDGraphics did some kind of demo with frosted look. I will try to find out.
Thanks for the answers guys.

scott pagan

we've printed on the etch vinyls using the Edge. the frosted doesn't work well at all. i think we experimented over on 4Edge (even printing with a clear "primer base"?). there may be other tips on that post.

screen printing is very effective on all types of etch vinyls.

Big Daddy Dave

you might try using "Natural Shadow" I think avery and Calon both make this. Apply your etch then apply the Shadow behind it...

I might try it myself that looks very slick