• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Excel to word?...

cOrKinSA

Anyone here know how to turn an excel file to a word file?
I have some addresses in Excel columns and rows and I want to create simple labels to place on our company New Year cards but I don't want to type them in one on one on word. Tried Words method but it didn't work so does anyone have any valid ideas?
Thanks in advance.

SignsRus

Anyone here know how to turn an excel file to a word file?
I have some addresses in Excel columns and rows and I want to create simple labels to place on our company New Year cards but I don't want to type them in one on one on word. Tried Words method but it didn't work so does anyone have any valid ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Isn't there an option for exporting as a word file or exporting to word?

What version of office are you using

maybe this will help
http://wordprocessing.about.com/od/workingwithotherprograms/l/blexcellink.htm

cOrKinSA

I have word 2003 on one PC
and 97 on another.
I had tried that conversion option but it didn't work.
I am going to read the article you sent me and see if it will explain. Thanks

yardsignswork

You tried going to Tools>Letters & Mailings>Mail Merge?

That's the way I have always done it. You can select labels on the right hand side and use that.

If you really can't get it you can send me the excel and I'll do it for you and send you back a word document if you like. It takes just a couple of minutes if you know how.

GOOD LUCK!