• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help F1612 cutting/milling depth issues + question.

Ranel

Hello everyone.

We have a summa F1612 for cutting reflective sheeting for signs and we also have a regular router for milling thinner PVC etc. The problem we have is that the cutting and also milling depth is inconsistant. What I mean by that is when doing through cut or milling the first shapes come out nicely but as more material is pulled through it seems that id starts to cut less deep. For example when cutting reflective sheeting first couple of times it moves material forward its okey but at some point it cuts through the upper layer but the liner is just partially cut through. Same thing with milling, after it pulls material forward couple of times it doesn't mill through but thin PVC layer is still there.

The tools are calibrated (the machine does it everytime when starting up) and I ofter run the ADC also to assure that there no weird blade wear etc. I can cut through the reflective but for that I have to set the depth manually (obiously not recommended) to -0,3mm. The problem with that is that theres now a slightly visible cut trails on mat. With router (yes we do use the protective layer with router) even -0,3mm doesn't help - at some point it still doesn't mill completely through.

Any ideas or tips from longtime users?

Also just a simple question but do the through cut tools have to make radio like static noice when idle?

Many many thanks in advance.

SLord

Good day,
I confirm that the table needs to be calibrated.
A table of deviation from zero is formed, which compensates for the height of the tool during operation.
We mill all materials on a special substrate 3 mm., anti-slip, in a roll.
Small works, glue with narrow double-sided tape on a large sheet of rejected plastic 3-5 mm., so that the cut out part does not move, and then the part can be removed.