• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Faastening Coroplast

phila3

I have two about 38" x 54" signs on black coroplast and I will be adhering them with some adhesive over an existing sign but I would also like to mechanically fasten them in the corners and at several othere places through the black coroplast preferably with a large black non-metallic washer and black screws. Should I just find large non-metallic washers and black screws or is there something sign or coroplast specific that I can buy to do this. Thanks in advance for your help and information.

SignosaurusRex

I have two about 38" x 54" signs on black coroplast and I will be adhering them with some adhesive over an existing sign but I would also like to mechanically fasten them in the corners and at several othere places through the black coroplast preferably with a large black non-metallic washer and black screws. Should I just find large non-metallic washers and black screws or is there something sign or coroplast specific that I can buy to do this. Thanks in advance for your help and information.
Just a note . . . Black Coroplast will expand and contract various degrees in the sun, etc. Hardware Mounting with screws and washers can cause the coro faces to buckle in the sun. You will need to mount through holes large enough to allow for the expansion/contraction factor with the screws only tightened to a point that allows for slight movement/shift of the coro. Black Coro can expand enough to pop loose from silicone and VHB.

SignosaurusRex

I would surmise. . . seeing as how you are using Coro for the faces, that this is temporary? If so, you might be better off to cover over the old faces with 3M 2080 gloss or matt wrap film and apply your graphics/text to that. No need for Coro or additional fasteners etc. What is your cost of 2+ yards of 60" wide wrap film vs. 2 sheets Coro + hardware, headaches etc? Hello!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We sell literally truckloads of coro to the trade, so I like the idea of people using it, but I have to agree Signosaurus here.

If you are able to print the signs, some inexpensive block out vinyl (gray adhesive helps with this) would work well for this.