• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Fabric Banner" For Ecosolvent printer

edgette

I have had a few customers ask me about making them fabric banners. I have only seen an old canvas banner that were screen printed or newer banners that are dye sublimated.

Is there any material that would be considered fabric that I can use for a banner? If not I can just tell the customers that I can't do it.

mpn

Try Bigfish member here, or fisher textiles. The eco solvent color doesn't compare to dye sub though.

Edit: SI70 is what I have tried and it does pretty good with color.

Color Spot North

I have had a few customers ask me about making them fabric banners. I have only seen an old canvas banner that were screen printed or newer banners that are dye sublimated.

Is there any material that would be considered fabric that I can use for a banner? If not I can just tell the customers that I can't do it.
Honestly, your best bet is to outsource this with the right outsource company.
Ask for samples, and typical turnarounds.
Last thing you want to do is give your client something they will only think is "ey ok" if you know what I mean.

We offer them, or if you have someone more local to you that would be great. If I can help just send me a PM.

Good luck

Color Spot North

Technically, yes... but on a very limited material selection, and even on those material even though technically the ink sticks etc... It looks like crap most of the time.
If a customer is looking for a washed out translucent look, or doesn't care about faded looking blacks etc... Then it would do OK.
With so many Dye Sub prints out in the market I think most clients are expecting a certain level these days, and that's why you don't really see fabric reps trying to sell their material to shops that have rolands, mutohs, etc...

Salmoneye

If you are just trying to find banner with the look of fabric, ultraflex makes a banner type material with canvas embossing that prints well with eco-sol.

AnaF

Try Bigfish member here, or fisher textiles. The eco solvent color doesn't compare to dye sub though.

Edit: SI70 is what I have tried and it does pretty good with color.
Hi there, I realize I'm replying to an old post, but just wondering in your experience how dealing with Fisher Textiles has been? I am having a heck of a time. Registered for a username request on Sept. 20 and it took me three phone calls, a voice mail and and an email to their head office over a one week span to have anyone even grant that request. So as of Sept. 27, I am able to log in, but I still cannot access any pricing because apparently my regional sales rep, Ralph, has to "consult with me" to make appropriate material recommendations, which are then added to my portal account. Has Ralph taken it upon himself to reach out? No. Has Ralph acknowledged a single one of my emails? No. Has Ralph ever answered his phone or returned any of my calls? No. And here we are at Oct. 4. I know this is a bit of a rant, but man, dealing with Fisher Textiles is frustrating - completely convoluted & archaic way of onboarding new/potential clients, with negligent customer service. :noway: