• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fair Market Value???

intensegraphics

I am finally getting ready to sell my printer and laminator that I had posted about earlier in the Roland forum. I have someone local interested, but am not sure what to ask since the printer does need a little work. Would love to get opinions on fair market value as a package.

Roland SC-545EX
Will most likely need one new print head. Set up using Triangle after market inks and comes with refillable cartridges as well as a bulk tank system. The printer also has the front heater and take up reel.

Versaworks

½ roll each of Oracal print media and laminate, 1 full roll of canvas material, 2/3 roll printable pop up display film and 3-4 48” rolls of high performance vinyl

Enduralam 55” cold laminator – perfect condition

1 – big squeegee

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Fair market value only works for local value if someone from your area can assess this. The buyer would need to make sure that the assessed value is less than buying and shipping in without repairs ... that being said ... had a customer come into my shop last month telling me he bought a 54" roland versa used for $4500 ... where as in dallas it would have probably gone for about double that.

JgS

You'll probably get a lot more money for that printer if you can bring that print head back to life or replace it. As far as what it is worth. Its worth what someone is willing to pay. Your supplier will have a good idea of what it is worth in your market.

Start off asking 20 to 50% higher than you want because the buyer will try and talk you down on the price.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what a fair price would be, but wouldn't it be better to put the shoe on the other foot as if someone was to ask, what's a fair price to purchase a printer that doesn't work and I'm being told it's only a head replacement ??

I would never buy something, I can't go see in action and in full working condition. There are far too many people in this field who bought equipment and can no longer afford it and selling practically new equipment for decent numbers.

I too, would bring the machine up to full working condition and then try to get a fair price.

intensegraphics

Fair enough. I totally understand where you all are coming from and am already considering doing the head replacement first, if that is indeed what needs to be done. I have replacement fuses coming in today and will know more once I have changed the bad one out.

I will get in touch with the closest supplier and see if they can help me with a value.

Everything is paid for, so I don't have to hit a certain number. Was just hoping to get a close idea of what I can expect.