• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon II Printing 11% Smaller

Gfx Signs

Hello,

I have an 87" Falcon Outdoor II I purchased used several months ago. Until recently I am having trouble with the actual print being ~11% Smaller (H&W). I'm using Onyx RIP.

Is this a result of printer settings, Onyx Quick Sets, RIP....

I've tried looking at all three and can't figure it out.

THanks

SignsOfMaine

Just throwing some stuff out there ...
1. If it prints by sending a pdf file to the rip software, and then the rip software sends to the printer... check both the PDF (or whatever) settings and the rip software. Both the original program you´re sending out of and the final program you´re ripping with will have areas to look at.

2. Look everywhere for a shrink to fit, fit to paper size, or reduce oversized pages checkbox, and clear it out

3. look everywhere for a scaling option, and activate it, and set it to 100 percent

4. PDF gets its own settings box that is separate from (but works together with) the windows built in settings box. So go straight to start . settings . printers and find the windows advanced options for page size, choose postscript custom page size, and then specify the size exactly.

5. Watch for a popup dialogue or a checkbox that says automatically adjust paper size to margins or print size, or something that warns about portrait vs landscape printing. Basically tell it no, do not automatically adjust anything

6. This will produce offcenter printing rather than shrunken printing, but it pisses me off so I´ll mention it... beware of any option to tile oversized pages, uncheck it.

7. Lastly make sure there´s no crazy scaling option built into the printer itself, accessible via the printer´s control panel. Sounds unlikely but I am pretty sure a lot of printers support something like this.

So to recap... when you go to press ctrl+P you probably do a 2 stepper... printing using a standard dialogue box to a ripper, then going to the ripper and sending the job to the printer. As soon as you do ctrl+P there will be an options button (where scaling and tiling will hide) and a printer properties button (where portrait-landscape and some other stuff will hide). Then from there, there´s an advanced button with the standard windows printer options, the first of which is page size and which should be set to postscript custom page size. Also if you chose PDF as the printer, there´s a special set of PDF options, which I think is also accessed from ´properties´. Once you´re through all that you must dig through the rip software´s stuff. And never accept any offer to automatically adjust rotation or page size.

Very annoying but I know but the checkbox you need to clear out is in there somewhere.

Graphics2u

Try this: On the printer control panel scroll through the menu until you see Function then hit that button. You'll see Scale, hit that and make sure it is set to 100%.

Gfx Signs

Wow. Thank you so much..
I was a setting in the printer scaling down to 90%.

I didn't spend much time there b/c I thought the RIP would over ride the printer.
But there were so many quick sets I was getting lost and finally started from the beginning with all the Onyx settingd and also went into the printer control panel (which the scale was set to 90%) Not sure why anyone would do that? But it solved theproblem.

Thanks once again for the quick responses.

GFX Signs