• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

falcon jumping 1/8 in middle of test print

aviationben

I've got a falcon outdoor 46" that I just replaced the capping station on. I reset the home position with the Signwarehouse procedures. It now jumps half way thru the test print 1/8". It make a thud sound when it crosses this point. I slid the print head manually and it's smooth the entire length. Any ideas?? Seems to be some software problem to me.

Ben in Pa.

MrKoob

How long have you had it? Possible causes could be dirt on the Encoder Strip which is a ribbon that transmits the printing information. Can you post a pic of the problem area?

aviationben

had it a couple years now. here's a pic. Light magenta, just ran out... It looks like its overlapping some.

Attachments

• P1010435 Standard e-mail view.jpg
    P1010435 Standard e-mail view.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 159

MrKoob

Have you called SignWarehouse? Send the tech this image. While I'm starting to think it may no longer be an encoder strip issue, you might try cleaning it in that area. I think SW is open until 11p CST for support if you want to try that route. If anyone else has any ideas hopefully they'll speak up soon.

aviationben

Just got done pulling the cover off the check the encoder strip.. Found a speck of vinyl stuck to it ( about 1/8" ). All fixed now!

Thanks, Ben

aviationben

I changed the capping station as part of just doing regular maintenance on it, not for a problem. When I put the cover back on, a small piece of vinyl fell onto the encoder strip causing everything to get out of wack. It's working fine now, nozzle check is back to normal and a new lt magenta just arrived today.

-ben