• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon outdoor 62 Heater problem

klemgraphics

Have been having a few issues with my rear heater and not heating evenly across the platen so I thought I would take off the cover to see if there was anything out of the ordinary going on. Well in the process I slipped with the cover which still had the wires for the front heater attached and it dropped a little ways before I caught it and pulled 2 wires loose from their solder joints on the heater.

After soldering the wires back on the heater will not heat up. I think I have the wires on correctly and I even tried it the other way.

Any suggestions?

packman

I did exactly the same thing with mine. Soldered the wires back and no heat. There's a white block on there which controls the heat. If it gets too hot it switches it off. This may need replacing. I replaced it for around £2gbp and it worked perfectly.