• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fastening Texas Track to 040 Aluminum

Perks

Anybody have some knowledge of how to best attach Plastic Texas Track to 040 aluminum belt sign?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Perks

Replicator

I see you've asked this twice now on 2 new trheads and I know someone here can and will help you.

It's a little tougher on Sunday evening, as not as many members are frequenting the site at this time.

Have patience and by tomorrow your question should have adequate responses,

and please do not make multiple or duplicate posts with the same question.

WELCOME to Signs 101 . . . !

Mosh

We use Gemini track. 99% of the time we apply to acylic (plexi glass) with Plastic Weld #3. Other than that pop rivet every 6" or so. The problem of using aluminum is the plastic track is going to expand in the heat and the aluminum will not, thus the track will buckle out and the letters could fall through. If you try to use aluminum slot the holes in the track and bolt on, not super tight. Use a lock nut and DO NOT over tighten, this way the track can move. Better yet weld it on some plex like it is designed for.

chopper

It is best to use an aluminum track with an aluminum background,
I quit using that plastic crap along time ago.
//chopper

PC Signs

Polycarbonate track is a better choice because of the different rates of expansion. Polycarbonate is less likely to crack under the stress, you will want to use lots of rivets so the letters do not fall through the gaps that are created when the temperature gets high.

Perks

Who would carry nylon rivets that can be used for track fastening?

Maybe there just for plastic track and face though...