• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fat head type vinyl question

skdave

I want to buy fat head type vinyl in a gloss version. 54" wide
:thankyou:
Please direct me to the correct vendor.
Thanks Dave
1-800-764-8688

TheSnowman

Not gloss, but everything but Photo-Tex sucks. Get it from Fellers. If you want other ideas, do some searching. This topic has been beat to death.

Steve Werner

You're going to have a tough time finding the Fat Head brand vinyl. It's my understanding that they have an exclusive on the adhesive system being used. There are a few people out there claiming to make the same material but I've yet to see anything that equals Fat Head. People are very impressed with PhotoTex.

markosdigital

Another Vote for Photo-Tex!!!!

Use Photo-Tex it's the best option out there. We tried the Jarhead material and it didn't work well at all.

My 2 cents

Replicator

It has come to my attention that when using Photo-Tex outdoors it must be spray laminated . . . Has this been true for other users ?

knucklehead

What are ya'll spraying the PhotoTex with? I tried FrogJuice, and Ronan Aquathane, and it seemed to make it curl, and loose some of it's stickyness.

cptcorn

adad
I'm surprised FatHead's lawyers aren't having a field day with the amount of companies trying to duplicate their product. JarHead, DirtHead, etc etc etc

skdave

What are ya'll spraying the PhotoTex with? I tried FrogJuice, and Ronan Aquathane, and it seemed to make it curl, and loose some of it's stickyness.

We coat photo tex with Dream guard protex3 made by Dream Scape
Sorry no phone # or address on label , Maybe I will sell them a decal.

DIGITAL360

Photo-tex works great. liquid laminate it if you have to. just be careful with dark colors like shadows,etc because it prints pretty dark even with the proper icc profiles & you shouls be fine

ProColorGraphics

I'm surprised FatHead's lawyers aren't having a field day with the amount of companies trying to duplicate their product. JarHead, DirtHead, etc etc etc

Don't take this wrong, I agree that copyright infringement is wrong, but all I see you comment on is how people are stealing other people's ideas and breaking the law. I thought this forum was about signs and printing and such?

DIGITAL360

Theres no Law being broken here. you can use whatever name you like jarhead,bighead,headfat,melonhead,potatohead,etc.etc you get the idea. fathead owns the word fathead. thats it !! !!

mollygrubber

Just read in a catalog from signwarehouse thay compared Mojave 6 mil Wall Graphics Vinyl to Fathead.
I know nothing about it, just read it.

Herb

cptcorn

adad
Don't take this wrong, I agree that copyright infringement is wrong, but all I see you comment on is how people are stealing other people's ideas and breaking the law. I thought this forum was about signs and printing and such?

You're actually just noticing a few random posts I've made over the course of some time. Not sure how this thread came back from the dead, but so be it. I know lately because of one specific thread, I'm pointed at a lot due to copyright topics or issues.

Yes, it's a sign forum, for businesses. Laws are part of doing business. Knowing is half the battle.

I also think its more along the lines of Trademark infringement, not copyright infringement. I say this, because what does Head have to do with anything regarding the products being sold. In my opinion (and it is just that) dirthead, jarhead, only came along after the success of FatHead had been established. I believe this is done intentionally to siphon business from FatHead into other niches. Whether that may be dirt track racing, or just general material sales.

Sorry to sound like a broken-record with people strumming up old posts.