• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FAYON electric trimmer

Gary1

Hello all. I am looking to purchase an electric trimmer. I've looked at the RS, and saw this FAYON on YouTube one day. It has different blades and also cuts corroplast. Does anyone have and use one and how do you like it? I know it's made in China, but so is my Mimaki JV150-160. The FAYON electric trimmer seems to cut more materials. Here's a video of the FAYON.
Or is there something else I should be looking at. Thanks in advance.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We have one, it works decent. The laser line is terrible, I just use it to rough cut rolls for signs, nothing that needs any precision. It was well worth what we paid for it.
Now that I think about it, I used it to cut down a bunch of coro signs for a job and it was great for that. We almost never do any coro signs though.

Gary1

We have one, it works decent. The laser line is terrible, I just use it to rough cut rolls for signs, nothing that needs any precision. It was well worth what we paid for it.
Well a laser line can be swapped out if it's that bad. Is the cut clean and straight, or wavy? Any issues getting tech support or parts? Roughly these machines are going for what?..4K$ Have you cut corroplast with it? Or just paper and vinyl? Thanks for replying!

Notarealsignguy

The cut is clean and straight. I've honestly never even tried to fix the laser so it is probably not a big deal, you can line it up with the edge just as easy. If I needed it, I would probably fool with it. Tech support was fine on our application table from the same company but honestly you need to be ready to diagnose and repair anything you buy from china on your own. You may get help, you may not. I've cut coro, poster, vinyl and thin PVC. The only issue is the rear cover is chinsey and doesn't always push the micro switch enough and then it won't cut, not a big deal either, just push it or jump it out. I think we only paid 1000 +/- and it shipped with our application table but that was about 2 years ago. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Gary1

Ok, just wondering if you bought this directly from China or from a vendor. My shop is in Canada but I'm 5 minutes from the US and can do imports on equipment if
I can only get it from the US.

Gary1

ok. I will look into this more. One other question. Set you set the travel according to the sheet size or will it only travel the entire length of the machine.
Ex. If all I'm trimming is 4'x6' panels, can I set the travel to 80" so it doesn't travel for nothing? Again, thanks for all the replies!

Notarealsignguy

You can't set it, it either travels from one side to the other when you hit and release the pedal or on manual it moves as long as you push the pedal and stops when you release it. I usually leave it on auto and let it go the full length, the carriage moves really fast so it doesn't slow anything down.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hello all. I am looking to purchase an electric trimmer. I've looked at the RS, and saw this FAYON on YouTube one day. It has different blades and also cuts corroplast. Does anyone have and use one and how do you like it? I know it's made in China, but so is my Mimaki JV150-160. The FAYON electric trimmer seems to cut more materials. Here's a video of the FAYON.
Or is there something else I should be looking at. Thanks in advance.
Thank you for bringing this up. It looks pretty cool.

4DPB

I have one. I find it so so. It is a bit flexible so that affects the alignment. You can align the laser somewhat. I would prefer a manual more solid item.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I was looking at a FAYON laminator and asked them about the electric trimmers, they are out of stock and have stopped manufacturing them. So if you are able to pick one up from a local dealer, I wouldn't wait too long to decide!

Gary1

The cut is clean and straight. I've honestly never even tried to fix the laser so it is probably not a big deal, you can line it up with the edge just as easy. If I needed it, I would probably fool with it. Tech support was fine on our application table from the same company but honestly you need to be ready to diagnose and repair anything you buy from china on your own. You may get help, you may not. I've cut coro, poster, vinyl and thin PVC. The only issue is the rear cover is chinsey and doesn't always push the micro switch enough and then it won't cut, not a big deal either, just push it or jump it out. I think we only paid 1000 +/- and it shipped with our application table but that was about 2 years ago. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
Right now I'm seeing this unit come in at $4200.00

Notarealsignguy

I wouldn't spend that much on it. 1-2k and it is worth it but it isnt a $4k machine by any stretch. Here are 2 I found, not they are any better but at least one of them is a well known brand

Notarealsignguy

Gary1

Yeah, the Neolt are made in Italy. Price between these two are roughly $1400-$1500 with the RS being less $$$. The Neolt only has a gap of .6mm so it won't corroplast for sure.
Thanks for the lead. I saw them on Binding the other day.

Gary1

I am thinking out of the box here and maybe I should just utilize what I already have. I have a KeenCut Evolution 3 Free hand 120" cutter and a Summa S2T160. I can roll up my banners and prints on the summa and just use the cut off function, and set up a flat table just for the KeenCut cutter to cut corroplast. Use a Bora Centipede portable table as my out feed. Less equipment in the room and less expenses. It seems only the RS makes any sense but it's only for light duty cutting. And the Summa can cut banners, paper and vinyl. I will give this a try!

Gary1

I am thinking out of the box here and maybe I should just utilize what I already have. I have a KeenCut Evolution 3 Free hand 120" cutter and a Summa S2T160. I can roll up my banners and prints on the summa and just use the cut off function, and set up a flat table just for the KeenCut cutter to cut corroplast. Use a Bora Centipede portable table as my out feed. Less equipment in the room and less expenses. It seems only the RS makes any sense but it's only for light duty cutting. And the Summa can cut banners, paper and vinyl. I will give this a try!
Nope! What a pain. The Summa has to read all the rollers then cut, then when you rotate it, it has to read the rollers again. Too slow. Back to the drawing board again.