• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB500 - Error code E-MD-9 Motor driver board initialization failed bootloop

Isaac_K

Our FB500 seems to be stuck in a bootloop due to an error during initialization.

Screen will show "Initializing 48% - 75E4-B" then error out with error code "E-MD-9 Motor driver board initialization failed".

Next logical step is to obviously replace the motor driver board, but error codes are not always as they seem. Looking to see if anyone here has cost effective solutions to test out before going that route.

Thanks in advance.

Dylan Phillips

Our FB500 seems to be stuck in a bootloop due to an error during initialization.

Screen will show "Initializing 48% - 75E4-B" then error out with error code "E-MD-9 Motor driver board initialization failed".

Next logical step is to obviously replace the motor driver board, but error codes are not always as they seem. Looking to see if anyone here has cost effective solutions to test out before going that route.

Thanks in advance.
Any resolution to this issue ? We're running into the same thing with our FB750.

Key difference is our motor driver board fried, we replaced the board and are now receiving this error in return.

Isaac_K

Any resolution to this issue ? We're running into the same thing with our FB750.

Key difference is our motor driver board fried, we replaced the board and are now receiving this error in return.

Did you guys have any luck with this?

I can’t recall exactly and had to look back through some messages and invoices. It seems we ended up going into the BIOS and got lucky. According to my notes, we were double checking BIOS settings and thought we did not change anything. However, it's important to note we did save and exit BIOS. After restarting the machine, it passed initialization successfully.

After booting up, we noticed a few new symptoms:
  1. The head moved significantly slower
  2. The head would travel the entire length of the rail - even when the input size was smaller.
I believe we replaced the carriage drive timing belt to remedy this. We did not end up replacing the driver board.

I hope this helps!