• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Gray Balance has pink hues. What do I do?

deadline

I've been running a Scitex FB700 for several years now. All of a sudden my gray balance is off and prints with pink hues. Anyone run into this before or know how I can fix it? I've had my printer tech come in but they said it was a software issue, when I talk to Onyxgfx they say its a printer issue. I don't know what my options are because I have to reprint everything.

I have tried adjusting the magenta color balance in the rip software which gets me by, but it takes magenta away from other colors so I have to print all grays by themselves on a sheet which is very inconvenient.

LarryB

I've been running a Scitex FB700 for several years now. All of a sudden my gray balance is off and prints with pink hues. Anyone run into this before or know how I can fix it? I've had my printer tech come in but they said it was a software issue, when I talk to Onyxgfx they say its a printer issue. I don't know what my options are because I have to reprint everything.

I have tried adjusting the magenta color balance in the rip software which gets me by, but it takes magenta away from other colors so I have to print all grays by themselves on a sheet which is very inconvenient.
We printed a large pantone color chart and whenever we need to print grey's we pick a grey off the color chart we like and use that.

akuarela

I've had that issue with the HP 365, very annoying. The Pantones are nowhere near where they need to be, also had problems with the purples.
From the ONYX you can go to Color Correction / Tools / Named Color Corrections - if they are Pantones, with filter it will give you the option of changing the settings for one color at a time, you have to print a swatch of the same color. Here is an Onyx video that explains the procedure

dmgdesign

This happened to me after I updated Flexi print from version 16 to 19. There is some dither method or something that is no longer supported, and any ICC profile that used that method, now has pinky coloured grays and the purples are way off when I have colour correction turned on.

Sometimes turning off colour correction produces a better result. When that doesnt work, I rasterise the whole image in illustrator and then print and its back to normal.