• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB950 paper skew

kev324

I've got a large order for 102" signs that we are running on Sihl 3333 paper. Now the 950 usually walks a little on roll feed media but this stuff can barely make it through a couple prints before it's climbing off the edge. The print is 35" wide, we had to go to the 42" paper size and it's still only able to go 3-4 prints before I have to stop it and reload the media. Anybody else run into this? Any tips? The 950 has been a huge step up for us and have been very satisfied with it but this little glitch is slowing this tightly scheduled job down. I am assuming the main issue is with this particular paper.

cdiesel

We see some skewing, but it's usually not too bad. One of the biggest areas of improvement for this machine is the roll feed system. The foam rollers are a joke, and the thin pole they use flexes without much weight.
We've had luck just setting the roll directly onto the infeed table and feeding the media through the machine.

kev324

Hmmm, may have to give that a try. I've quit using the first roller. It seems to run better going straight to the belt instead of over that first foam roller. Of course, this morning when I came in, all but cyan had dropped out. Still not sure how many it ruined...

kev324

So far I'm having the best luck running it this way. Kinda redneck looking but it works..

Not using the takeup seems to help but what a PITA

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110314_122442.png
    ForumRunner_20110314_122442.png
    407.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

kev324

A little update, I ran out of the 42" stock and had to put on a 36" to finish the last 12 or so prints. Feeding like we have been, its feeding almost perfect. Even better than the 42". ...scratches head....