• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-8600 Help needed!

decalit

I was cutting some decals over the weekend on my FC-8600-130. I cut a few things in Flexi then switched to Signlab to cut a few things. Then when I went back to Flexi and could not longer poll plotter size, could not send jobs or connect in any way. At first i thought it had to do with switching around software's think maybe i got "stuck" connected to signlab. Rebooted both cutter and computer without success. This was all connected through USB. So i switched ports on my computer. Did not help. THen i got me a Ethernet cable i tried to setup through my network router. I'm not super tech savvy but i followed all the Graphtec instructions. Could not get that to connect (although that could be operator error). But the router port did not light up when i plugged the cable into the router, making me think its not allowing connection through the router port on the cutter. Any way to some type of diagnostics? I dont mind taking it to a repair shop but after a quick online search i did not locate one close to me (Louisville, Ky). Any help would be appreciated.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Is it talking the correct language (HGPL, etc)? I had an old 8600 a while back and occasionally it would change the language it was communicating through and took me forever to figure out what was wrong with it the first time.

decalit

Ill have to look, something like could have happened, i never had to change any of those settings and did not know really what to look for. thanks I will give it a try when i get back to the office. Its odd because everything on the cutter itself works fine. If i unplug the USB cord the computer "dings" like it knows i have unhooked it.

decalit

I thought that at first but i tried to go back in Signlab and it would not connect either. I also shut down both the computer and plotter thinking maybe some kind of data link was stuck and that did not correct the issue.