• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC vs CE series Graphtec Plotters

kalvix

graphtec ce3000 48 vs. fc7000 series. Is it worth the extra $1-2k for the FC series? has anyone had both?

Pro Image

I have a CE1000-60 and its is a real workhorse no problems, over 7 years old. You can't go wrong with either choice....................

kalvix

how are registrations and aligning printed material? I've read about the AIMS on the fc but i'm not convinced it will be a real time saver. do you do much aligning stickers and such with your CE?

Derf

I have a new CE-3000 now and an old FC2100-60. I can tell you the old FC2100-60 is a better machine than the new CE... I wish I would have gotten the new FC instead and will probably get one soon.

The CE is a good machine However the FC line is worth the extra coin.

Pro Image

kalvix said:
how are registrations and aligning printed material? I've read about the AIMS on the fc but i'm not convinced it will be a real time saver. do you do much aligning stickers and such with your CE?

No I do not have a large format digital printer.....just a Fargo 310s that I use to put Real Estate agents photos on magnetics................

ADM

Why is it worth the extra $$$. What does it do that merits the extra cash? I appreciate your feedback as I am looking to get a new cutter and I am leaning towards the ce-3000

wildside

we have used the ce in the past and had decent results, touchy sometimes.

we recently purchased a FC5100-150, it is actually a discontinued model, but compareable to the new FC7000, top notch machine, in my opinion the fc's are geared toward the "sign professional", the ce's are geared toward the "give me something that is cheap and will work in my basement crowd"