• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fc2100-60a

gaaron

I am new to all of this and am looking to get started in vinyl cutting. I am currently looking at a used Graphtec FC2100-60A and am wondering if anyone else has used this cutter and could give me some ideas of it's performance and specifications. I can't seem to find any detailed info on the net about this cutter. Is it really that old or just a couple of years ago.

Thanks

Prism1

I've had mine for 10 years and it has been a WorkHorse!! Great machine, works great, would buy another one again.

gaaron

more info

What type of setup do you run with it? Software, ect. Remember I am totally new to all of this and am just looking for a simple cheap setup for myself. I looked at Graphtec's website and couldn't find any info on the cutter as well as no drivers for windows xp. Any more information would be greatly appreciated.

jagsouthern

I've had my 2100-50 for about 6 years. Bullet proof! Graphtec makes very good cutters. I run it under win 2000.

Prism1

My plotter is run with an old P1 with maybe 128 megs of ram, running windows 98, with Signlab 5.xx. For an "Old Dog"...it is just like my old dog...trusty and faithful. That machine has had 1000's of feet of vinyl thru it, made me lots of $$$, would be lost without it. If you are just starting, it will run just fine to start out with...and with a little business savvy...it can make you some good money. I know in the past some people designed in Corel, and used some kind of interface to run the plotter. Go to Graphtec's website, and see if they still list any of the drivers for it. The Graphtec rep floats around this board sometimes...maybe he can chime in.

Howard Keiper

The 2100 series machines, particularly the -50, -90 and -120 can still be found in working condition...but they're going on 12+ yrs old now, and when they die, they're truly dead. There are no parts for them. Think about that...12 yrs. There are machines made today that won't make it 12 mos.
The good news however, is that the drivers haven't changed in those years and getting one to work on a modern system is a slam-dunk...but you will need a standard printer cable or a Graphtec specific serial cable.
I, myself, would not buy one.
hk

One of the best and easiest ways to check on plotter quality is to check if they utilize steppers or servos. The servos are by far the best.

The next thing to look for is pressure capability. Most of the cheaper Graphtecs, and Rolands, go to 300. For most people 300 is fine. If you think that you may need to cut things like sandmask, then you need more pressure.

Speed is a matter of preference. Ours is capable of 31 ips, but we never run it that fast. You will want at least the capability of 16 ips - no less.

Most are capable, and equipped with windows drivers, allowing you toi cut with Corel and Illustrator - some of the cheapest and widely used software available. Do not sweat the pro sign making software, until you get the feel of the process. Most of us use a combination of software.

Stick with a name brand such as Graphtec, and you cannot go wrong.

As for used plotters - new ones are too cheap, to consider used.

jesusrdp

Drivers Please

I have a Graphtec fc2100-80a would somebody please help me to get the drivers for this plotter I´ve looked for it even under the stones and I can´t find it, so please somebody anybody please HELPPPPP