• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-130 Vinyl falls of the rollers???

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Anyone have the same problem we have where the vinyl rolls fall off the back of the machine when it is running. It typically happens when the roll has less than a third of the material left on it and is light. Don't have this problem on our Summas.

Thx
Dave

What's happening is that when you send a job to the cutter, it begins rolling the vinyl back and forth and ends up snatching the roll off the roll holders. It is even worse on a full roll because it's too heavy to snatch off so your machine is taking the worst of the punishment. Or your vinyl gets pulled out of alignment. When you load your machine, unwind enough vinyl off the roll for the job you are about to send. Or you can set your machine to automatically unwind enough vinyl on most cutters.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are you using the plotter's Auto Pre Feed function? If not, try enabling it. If so, what speed is it, normal or slow? Try slow.

The actual length of the pre feed doesn't matter but the shorter it is, the more often the plotter will pause to pre feed, the longer it is the more loose media the machine has to wrengle. The default is 3 feet, which is approximately the distance from the feed rollers to just slightly above the floor. This a a pretty good choice if you don't have an actual reason for setting it to something else.

If you have the auto pre feed set up properly for your situation you'll seldom, if ever, pull the vinyl off the feed rollers. If you don't use it then you'll constantly be jerking the media off of the feed rollers. Especially when the media off the roll has more intertia than the media left on the roll. Not mystery, just physics.

king_clay

graphtec cuts and ends at start point

is there any way to have cutter feed out after finishing, so you don't have to go over and manually advance for cut off or next job. fc7000-160

bob

"Advance After Plot" is a function of your software, not the plotter. In Flexi it's specified on the 'Advanced' tab on the Cut/Plot dialog. Bog knows if and where it might be on other software.

bob

GraphiXtreme said:
My Summa D60 advances after it plots...plotter setting and not software dependent.

Shrug.

Most plotters I've used don't, it's always been a software function. Which makes more sense than a plotter setting. Doing it as a plotter setting would require firmware to keep track of the largest aboslute X value achieved. It's far simpler to do in the software, it already knows the largest X value without even moving there as well as the intercopy spacing. Something which the plotter has no way of knowing.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I have an FC 7000-130 and there is no need to advance after plotting if you use machine to automatically x-cut the vinyl.

Dave

Jeizzavelle

My Electrocut film is creeeping and destroying my signs. It was ok till today. Normally we have a bit of trouble but nothing like this! Please help my boss is going to kill me!