• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-75 Mark Scan Error

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Flame Master said:
Please.... does ANYONE have any other information on how to get this problem fixed. This is going to cost me a LOT of money if I don't get it figured out. Anyone... anyone at all? What do I do to get rid of this stupid mark scan error message?

It's not a problem that will be fixed any time soon. The solution is to avoid the problem situation entirely and use your own registration marks in conjunction with the Graphtec's ARMS system. The method, as previously explained, works flawlessly.

Neil

Well I've had my FC7000-75 for a couple of weeks now and although there's a list of gripes I've got with this machine regarding design flaws in the interface and the hardware itself, I must say the automatic RMS works well for me.

I print and cut through Signlab 7.1 and it integrates well with the cutter.
When it comes time to contour cut, Signlab prompts the machine to start the auto RMS, the cutter asks you to move the blade to the first mark (placing it within the area of the "L", hit enter and it reads the first mark, moves to the second, reads that, then moves back and up to the third and reads that.

Then hit enter in Signlab and it's away.

The times that it doesn't work are:

If the vinyl is loaded skewed so that the second mark is off by more than say 1/2 inch.
The sensor needs to run into the vertical mark and then find the horizontal line under it.

If the reg marks are too close to the pinch rollers.
Although it was posted above that you need 1.5 inches margin, I have successfully placed them as close as 1/2 inch for the top roller and 3/4 inch for the bottom roller.

If the reg marks are too close to the print.
The scanner will detect the print.

If there's anything trapped under the laminate or on the surface that may get detected by the scanner.

If the origin is more than 3" from the first reg mark.
Even though you move it manually to the first mark, it won't want to work.

pmoney

bob,

what does the "separate weld" command do in Flexi. I searched the help files but could not find an explanation. The best I could figure out is that it lets you edit the nodes.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
pmoney said:
bob,

what does the "separate weld" command do in Flexi. I searched the help files but could not find an explanation. The best I could figure out is that it lets you edit the nodes.

In Flexi when you weld it's an effect applied to two or more objects. Each object still exists in it's orginal form. When you separate a weld you transforn the multiple objects into a single object. Basically when you separate a weld what you're saying is 'make it permanent' and generate a new object which is the inclusive 'OR' of all of the objects in the weld. The original objects are usually discarded by the software at this point.

You can still edit the nodes on objects welded but as yet un-separated. You simply have to select the individual object via the Object Manager or use the 'Select Within' feature of Flexi 7.6 and greater.