• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 Cross Cut Problems (won't engage cross cutter blade)

Pitchblack98

I have a FC7000-160 and this thing is killing me. Maybe its telling me its time to get a new cutter and let this one go... I dunno

The carriage is not going far enough over to engage the cross cutter blade. It stops about an inch or so away from the cross cutter dog and acts like its engaging the CC blade To make matters worse it still performed a cross cut without the CC blade engaged. That caused the pen cutter blade to do the cross cut. It cut all the way thru about half the length of my cutting strip that I just replaced 3 weeks ago trying to solve the last problem I had (which I still haven't figured out). It just started doing this all of a sudden. It was working fine one day and not the next. I can't think of anything that would have changed to cause it to stop working.

Here are the things I have tried so far to fix this issue... I have read thru the user manual and the service manual to see if there were any settings or adjustments I was missing. I have the pinch roller sensor enable. I have 6 pinch rollers, but only have 3 turned on in the settings (the other 3 are all the way to the far left in the stand by area). I have reset the machine by holding the up button while turning it on. I have tried adjusting the Cross Cutter Home Position according to the service manual. None of those seems to make any different at all.

Now that I'm typing this out and thinking about it... I'm wondering if the 3 extra pinch rollers in the standby area could have anything to do with it since the carriage seems to stop about where they are. I'm sure they were there when it was working before, but not 100% positive about that. Someone could have moved them. Later this afternoon I'll try moving 2 of the pinch rollers down the machine leaving one of them in the stand by area and see what happens.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any other suggestions that might help. Worse case I could just cut my jobs off manually.

I need to get a new blade holder to see if that fixes the problem I'm having with it pulling up the corners while its cutting and now I have to get another new cutting strip. I want to be sure I don't have a mechanical problem that can't be fixed before I spend the money on a new blade holder and cutting strip.

timgo

Graphics Designer
What is your Windows version? What software do you use for this cutting plotter?
I also had such problems with my Roland Cutter in the past and it appears that the software was not %100 compatibale with my Windows version.

Try the Trial version of SignLab CutPro or VinylPro (for Windows 10, 8, 7). This software supports your Cutter driver.
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/SL10Trial.exe