• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-130 Loses Connection on ethernet

We have the Graphtec FC8000-130 Cutter, And we ran an ethernet cable into the other room, well it loses connection after a certain amount of time!! i have no idea how much time but it does lose it. Now when i bring the cutter back into the room i'm in, and use the USB connection, it never loses connection. Any suggestions as to what i do? Maybe get a really long USB cable? (35 ft ABOUT)

BobbyFosson

Look into purchasing these...

Web Link

Attachments

• 31bav6KMu7L__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    31bav6KMu7L__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 114

cgsigns_jamie

Does the Graphtec require a static IP address?
Do you have a DHCP server? (usually an internet router)

It could be that the DHCP server assigned the same IP as the Graphtec to another Device/Computer on the network.

I had that issue with my Roland when I first got it. I set the Roland up when no one was here on the weekend and it worked great. Monday morning when everyone turned on the computer I couldn't connect to the printer. Turned out our DHCP server assigned one of the workstations the same IP that I picked for the Roland.

If that's the case you need to create a DHCP reservation for your Graphtec.

but see it connects just fine too it. but it will lose connection after a certain amount of time. then it will complete a job and the controller program will say lost connection with machine. then you turn it off and repeat the process. it sucks!!