• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8600/ARMS, contour cutting reflectic media (chrome) issues

303DC

I'm in the process of trying to do print and cut graphics for a customer on chrome media. I've had issues with ARMS detecting the registration marks, but I've gotten it to work a few times by putting scotch tape over them. However, after the register "successfully", the cuts are WAY off. See attachment.

Can anyone lend some advice on how I can adjust accordingly for this to work as expected? For what it's worth, machine is spot on for everything else I do. Only having issues on chrome, which doesn't really surprise me.

Thanks!

cutissue.png

SmokinGunz

Might try adjusting the arms scan sensitivity settings to the media. Although I havent tried chrome I had this issue on reflective.

x2chris7x

We've used scrape white vinyl and applied it around the reg marks... Only leaving the line of the reg mark visible, if that makes sense

303DC

We've used scrape white vinyl and applied it around the reg marks... Only leaving the line of the reg mark visible, if that makes sense
That makes perfect sense, and is a fantastic idea! I'm going to give that a shot. Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Manual bomb sight alignment with 4 point targets...I always tell people to use it instead when they have issues.

303DC

Manual bomb sight alignment with 4 point targets...I always tell people to use it instead when they have issues.
Doesn't that require a completely separate blade holder? I looked online for some info on setting up everything for that, but couldn't find any information anywhere. Would you mind explaining how to set everything up for this method, or linking me if you have a resource somewhere? Thanks!

eahicks

No I never have to change out the bladeholder. Just use the 4 point marks in Flexi when you send your print/cut job. When time to cut, send the cut job as usual and follow the on screen directions, selecting Digitize alignment. The laser is used for aligning to the reg marks.

303DC

No I never have to change out the bladeholder. Just use the 4 point marks in Flexi when you send your print/cut job. When time to cut, send the cut job as usual and follow the on screen directions, selecting Digitize alignment. The laser is used for aligning to the reg marks.
Awesome. I'll give this a shot first, as this would be a lot easier than anything else. Thanks sir!

eahicks

Yes....and of course, this does require the built in laser in the plotter. I forget that some don't have one.

printhog

Chrome film will reflect 100 percent of the light and can overpower the sensor. So setting should be low sensitive not high. For problems like this on my Summa I have pre printed markers on 4 mill white that we stick on right over the markers the machine printed. Works great and we run contour cut on weird stuff like this regularly.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

31legen

One thing you can also try that ive had good success with is simply put a square of app tape over the mark and trace it with a fine point pen.