• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fc8600 Head Height When Cutting And Registrating

altereddezignz

Is there a way to make the blade height go up more when doing the registration on when it is not cutting.

Lets say you have a contour cut. You load the media, align to the first reg mark and press cut on onyx. The head drops to just bairly putting the blade above the material. Sometimes when it goes across the material when finding the registration marks it just scratches the material if it is not 1000% flat. Same when it is done cutting and it is in the back left corner when completed it will come all the way back to the first registration mark it found and it may scrape the material here and there along the way. The head stays very high until you send a file to cut but i have yet to figure out how to get it to go back up this high when not actually cutting.

The blade is set correctly as it is just through the cap.

papabud

Lone Wolf
you could take the blade out till your ready to cut. not sure what your cutting but my machine never scratches the material

altereddezignz

Doesnt matter what i cut, Oracal 3165, Avery 1105, 3m material sometimes oracal solid cut vinyl. The blade is set correctly. I also have an issue with edges of material. Like when i do a test cut for force the edges of the cuts are not neat and it always leaves a corner pulled. Ill add an image in a few.
Most material i do is 54" wide as well. Vac is on high.

altereddezignz

3 images.
image 1 is lifted edges or not clean corners.
image 2 is the height when not in use.
image 3 is height when it is registering or between cutting paths

Attachments

• IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    720.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 204

RJ TECH1

Printer Singing Lessons + Flexi Undergraduate 2001
Hit Menu>
TOOl>
Press down arrow twice
TOOL UP HEIGHT>
Change Value to 0.197

Thats as high as it will go.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Have you tried using the "paper weight" option in the "ARMS" menu?
Not sure it will do what you need but they must have put it in there to fix a similar issue.

wayne k
guam usa

altereddezignz

ok update. If i load material into the cutter or a image with registration marks it is fine. The issue i have happens when lets say you change speed or force. It lowers the head very low to the material and leaves it there it doesn't raise back up to its high height.

Now if you hold the material and open the pinch rollers then close the rollers and press #4 to continue it keep the blade cutter holder hight high like it is supposed to be.

Hope this makes since..