• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question FC9000 Barcode Scanning Question

newparade

Silly question, I'm sure. I have read the bulletin "PRINT & CUT Issues and Solutions for the FC9000 Series". It is my understanding that the machine will NOT read a barcode if Roll Type 2 is selected as the media type, but that it WILL read barcodes with Roll Type 1 or Sheet selected. Is this correct?

Thanks all!

Attila Nagy

Roll 1 brings the material back to the end and set zero point there. Roll 2 keeps the zero point where you filled in. If the head position is just before the barcode it should scan it, but if it is after, it won't go back to search it, because it is behind the zero point.

newparade

In the bulletin, it seems to say that you just can't use Roll 2.
Roll 1 brings the material back to the end and set zero point there. Roll 2 keeps the zero point where you filled in. If the head position is just before the barcode it should scan it, but if it is after, it won't go back to search it, because it is behind the zero point.

Thanks Attila. I understand the difference between Roll 1 and Roll 2 and Sheet. I'm just verifying that I should still follow the instruction given in the tech bulletin to NOT use Roll 2. This is a screen shot from the bulletin:

9000-graphtec-clip.gif