• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC9000 Cut registration

scrubz

Epson 40600 + FC9000 package, using onyx RipQue/Cut Server. Most of the time my cuts are good, but then for no reason I can see, one will start fine, then slowly go out or reg as it proceeds up the page(going north/south, not east/west). My page length at the longest is 30 inches, but happens with short and long ones. Has anyone had this happen? Do I need to add more registration marks? Something wrong with the pinch rollers maybe?
Any help is appreciated.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Check pressure on all pinch rollers, one or more could be worn and not applying enough pressure to track evenly. They should all be the same or it will start to skew the media you are cutting.

signheremd

Graphtec FC9000 should be a fairly new machine. The 4 pinch rollers (ours is a 60") each have three settings of pressure, adjustable by pressing the lever on each at the back of the machine. If your vinyl is off-tracking, most likely not all levers are all the way down.

scrubz

Yes its new. I have tried all pressure settings, no change. I found that sometimes if I restart the cutter or computer, it will cut proper for one, then not. Could this be an operating system problem? I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Or do I have to dedicate a puter to just this RipQeue, as I have 3 other rips on the same system now.

Purfect

Graphtec FC9000 should be a fairly new machine. The 4 pinch rollers (ours is a 60") each have three settings of pressure, adjustable by pressing the lever on each at the back of the machine. If your vinyl is off-tracking, most likely not all levers are all the way down.
I agree with you but please make sure NOT all your pinch rollers are set to High. Read the book not all should be on High at the same time.
I also had this problem with an earlier Onyx rip, we cut everything through Cut Master/Illustrator