• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feather flags, teardrop banners

Clear Choice

Just to clarify, the $45 set-up fee is per design not each flag. So whether your order 1 or 100 if there is only one design you still pay only $45.
BTW, thanks for the promo, ChicagoGraphics :U Rock:

Yes, most of us here are pretty experienced at providing proper art files...
a $45 set-up fee is rather steep and just obscures the REAL price of
your goods. At the standard 30-40% mark up this means we need to charge
our customer an additional $60-65 for set-up on top of our own design fees.
Kind of negates your low price claim as very few small business customers
order these items in large quantities.

By the time I figured in the set-up fee for 2 flags and shipping, your
pricing wasn't any different than what my customer could find himself
online. All he wanted is lettering...one word.
How can I justify $60+ for set-up on 5 letters?

PLUS, I was quoted a re-order set-up fee of $25....soooooo, we can't
even tell our customers this is a one time charge.

I'm not holding my breath on getting this order...
I too have to make a profit to pay the rent.

I don't want to sound completely negative...you have a nice website
and I like that all the different shape flags are the same price...
that makes it easier to price. Also a nice offering of different
flag bases too.

Last edited:

letterman7

TexVisions. Not cheap, but good quality.

Eh.. the only time I ordered from them (because they are somewhat local) the flags failed after two weeks - the seam at the top unraveled and the pole shot through. No heavy winds and the customer took them in every night. Called Tex to see if they'd fix the issue or redo the banners and said that wasn't their problem/fault but they'd make new ones for the same price... not exactly the customer service I expect for the price I paid.

SignsonTime

I've been using NABCO but their set up is $65. Good quality but that is to much. What is the set up @ wd display if anyone knows? Also are they quality flags? Thanks

Move In Media

Yes, most of us here are pretty experienced at providing proper art files...
a $45 set-up fee is rather steep and just obscures the REAL price of
your goods. At the standard 30-40% mark up this means we need to charge
our customer an additional $60-65 for set-up on top of our own design fees.
Kind of negates your low price claim as very few small business customers
order these items in large quantities.

online. All he wanted is lettering...one word.
How can I justify $60+ for set-up on 5 letters?

Sue,

Please understand our artwork charge is not there to nickel and dime our clients and create an additional revenue stream - there is an actual cost attached to the artwork set-up. Whether this cost is built into banner price or stands as a separate charge, it needs to be accounted for.
Every artwork file is sent to our designer and is checked thoroughly. Most of the artwork we receive is actually not print-ready according to our specifications, and additional work needs to be done to them. If artwork is left up to the clients, there is always a chance that errors are made and banners are printed incorrectly, something we want to avoid.
Besides, we are always open to work with our customers on variety of issues they may have, including artwork charges. Call us to discuss it, on simplistic designs we are always prepared to consider reduction of set-up fees, however artwork set-up fees will always apply.

PLUS, I was quoted a re-order set-up fee of $25....soooooo, we can't
even tell our customers this is a one time charge.

Even though it is a re-order, files still need to be made current, need to be checked again, proofs for the client need to be created and files need to be uploaded.

On the Internet you can always find a cheaper product, just make sure you are comparing apples with apples, as in this business you get what you pay for.

I don't want to sound completely negative...you have a nice website
and I like that all the different shape flags are the same price...
that makes it easier to price. Also a nice offering of different
flag bases too.

Thank you, Sue, we appreciate your feedback, I'm glad the simple price list is working for you. Feel free to call us or e-mail us should you have any questions or concerns.

MatthewTimothy

Sue,

Please understand our artwork charge is not there to nickel and dime our clients and create an additional revenue stream - there is an actual cost attached to the artwork set-up. Whether this cost is built into banner price or stands as a separate charge, it needs to be accounted for.
Every artwork file is sent to our designer and is checked thoroughly. Most of the artwork we receive is actually not print-ready according to our specifications, and additional work needs to be done to them. If artwork is left up to the clients, there is always a chance that errors are made and banners are printed incorrectly, something we want to avoid.
Besides, we are always open to work with our customers on variety of issues they may have, including artwork charges. Call us to discuss it, on simplistic designs we are always prepared to consider reduction of set-up fees, however artwork set-up fees will always apply.

Even though it is a re-order, files still need to be made current, need to be checked again, proofs for the client need to be created and files need to be uploaded.

On the Internet you can always find a cheaper product, just make sure you are comparing apples with apples, as in this business you get what you pay for.

Thank you, Sue, we appreciate your feedback, I'm glad the simple price list is working for you. Feel free to call us or e-mail us should you have any questions or concerns.

than you need to disclose your procedure better. Many people that are sub-contracting out to you know how to make a print ready file. If the file is not print ready you need to then charge for design time. Nobody should have to pay for design time if not needed. If the files are not print ready then you need to disclose your procedure so the shops can do it on there end because they probably have their own designer. Also, there are many great vendors on here that tell you if its not print ready, than they will charge X fee which is disclosed upfront on their price list. Also, it is not quality customer service when you dont disclose all your fees.

EDIT:
also if someone is placing a REORDER why in the world would you be charging a second setup fee?? Sounds like bad file management on your end. I could see spending a few mins examining the file and making sure it is not corrupt but that 5 mins isnt work 25 bucks. Further more if the file is bad, than its up to you to decline the order or charge for the design setup. THAN STORE THE PROPER, CORRECT, AND FORMATTED FILE. As stated, the reorder setup fee is just scamming your clients. No reason in the world you could justify to me why you would need to charge another setup if I have a reorder.

gnemmas

We charge artwork from our clients, and send print ready file to Subs' per sub's Art Work requirement.

Move-In's $65 art work charge is cheap, if we can just send them the raw info from our clients, and they will design and re-design until our client approves.

MatthewTimothy

We charge artwork from our clients, and send print ready file to Subs' per sub's Art Work requirement.

Move-In's $65 art work charge is cheap, if we can just send them the raw info from our clients, and they will design and re-design until our client approves.

never meant anything in regards to the "price". My statement was leaning more towards that he should already be getting print ready files and setup fees should not be charged. Further more they do not disclose all fees. Example: does anyone know when they ship it to you if they will also charge you a handling fee??

10sacer

Refer to my post #19 from this thread. I order fabric prints from a variety of sources from California to Michigan to North and South Carolina and NONE of them charge me a setup/design/prep fee and I pay much less than the average WHOLESALE square foot price for fabric - so if they are building it into my jobs - then I ain't seeing it.

hankweezie

feather flags

looking for a reputable vendor of teardrop banners, or feather flags... never ordered these before...any suggestions? thanks:help
I just used a company for the first time myself, I was very pleased with the quality of the product, not one of them cheap feather flags, really durable with a strong post and spike.
Check them out in Ca. it's signs@bannerbystats.com
hankweezie