• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feature in RIP or printer?

mefak

Hello.

I am new to wide format printing. A Roland lef-300 was purcahsed by my company. We are trying to figure out if is possible for the head to bypass any blank space on the bed. For example I have print at only the top and the bottom. Can it be set up to print the top image, move the bed down to the bottom and then print again. Right now it makes a pass over blank space even thought there is nothing to print. This is a lot of wasted print time.

Am I describing something in a RIP, something that is printer specific, or does this not even exist?

I hope I made sense.

Thanks,
Mark

timgo

Graphics Designer
Everything you need is SignLab Print and Cut or Digitalfactory v3 RIP software.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is usually in the RIP and the printer. Sometimes it's called "Logical Seek" but I am not sure what Roland calls it.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
From what I've seen this printer can only skip blank space at the beginning of the pint but not in the middle of the file. If it's causing that big of a production issue, it might be better to split the file and print the top and bottom separately so it skips the space in the middle.