• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File COnversion

captainron19

Well I just got my first vinyl cutter and very exciting as I am hooking it up now. I want to make a decal for a window of a maltese cross (fire department symbol) A firend of mine who has a cutter has the perfect design he is going to send me to try out but he states it is in .SM format (He uses Sign Mate).

I am using Corel Draw 12 for graphic design. He said he is unable to convert to anything other than a .SM file extension. He is going to try to convert it to a .EPS so I can import it into Corel Draw but doesnt think he can do it. Does anyone here have a way of converting a .SM to a .EPS?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Tell your friend to click on Export instead of Save or Save As. He will then have the option of selecting AI-EPS as the export format. Also tell him to make sure that any text has been converted to outlines.